Notices

How to permanently mount V-1 radar dectector

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
viperz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to permanently mount V-1 radar dectector

Have a 15 911 turbo and want to install my valentine one in the car. Any advice? Mounts avialable? Would also love to see pictures of how you install looks ! Thanks!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:42 PM
caraudio1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend mount

Blend mount should make one for your car and a Valentine 1. See them at blendmount.com Use the standard Valentine 1 hardwire kit or the remote display kit if you can find a place to put it.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 AM
robinsonparker
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The basic process is pretty simple. The switch can be accessed from under the dash. It's a little tricky to get to the two small slotted screws holding it in place so you need to at least remove the section of duct running across the dash but I found I had a hard time getting to the screws so I ended up also loosening the ODB-II and swiveling it out of the way and also removing the light switch/left duct assembly and unscrewing the vertical duct as well which I was then able to wiggle out of the way for better access to those darn screws.

Remove the key or leave it in the 0 position if at all possible
Contort yourself under the dash and remove the big duct.Just compress it and it should easily out and both ends.
Find the switch and pull the wiring harness of the switch.It should come off pretty easily.
The screws you need to remove are covered in bright red paint.Scratch off the paint with a small screwdriver.
Then just unscrew the two screws with a very small slotted screwdiver.
If you're having trouble getting to them you may need to move the other duct out of the wa too.
The screws are not very tight so it should take very little force to unscrew them.You also don't need to unscrew them all the way,just enough for the heads to extend slightly past the bracket holding the switch.
If your key was stuck in the ignition you should be able to remove it now. The new switch will only go in if the key is in the 0 position.
Install new switch.
Replace the wiring harness.It only goes on one way.
Replace any ductwork you moved/removed out of the way.
Take the car for a spin to make sure it's all working still.

Quick Reply: How to permanently mount V-1 radar dectector