Porsche CPO transfer help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
tacshose
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche CPO transfer help

Hi,

I just purchased a 2006 Porsche Cayman S that was CPO by the second owner in June of last year when purchased from a Porsche dealer. She then traded it in to a Mercedes dealer who is also part of a Land Rover, Infiniti, Porsche dealership. They are all under one name. The mercedes dealer part of the complex I bought from did not know it was a CPO and I did not discover it until I called my local Porsche dealer for the service records and the service records show it is under CPO until June 2012. I called Porsche NA to confirm this and they DID. I did not mention I just purchased the car, just said I forgot when mine ended and if the car was covered.

Does anyone know how I should handle this to ensure I get to keep the CPO status?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought once it leaves the original owner and goes to a non porsche daler you can't transfer it. I could be wrong.

Welcome to rennlist!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
I thought once it leaves the original owner and goes to a non porsche daler you can't transfer it. I could be wrong.

Welcome to rennlist!
I'm fairly sure CPO stays with the car (VIN), doesn't matter how many times it's resold.

When I bought my CPO P!g, aside from making sure I had the CPO docs in my folder, I called PCNA to make sure the VIN was in their system as CPO. PCNA can update any dealer should you have a problem after that.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

For sure the CPO expires if the car is resold by a Porsche dealer, not sure about other dealers. I thought CPO only transfers with private sales.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 AM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

US CPO guidelines here, all rights transferred to new owner (last page, last paragraph)
Looks like you should not have to do anything if you have the CPO paperwork

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.a...ault&version=6

Quick Reply: Porsche CPO transfer help