Notices

How many RennList members have opted for European Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question How many RennList members have opted for European Delivery?

friend of mine was overly enthusiastic about doing European Delivery on his next lease with BMW (say's the car is $3k cheaper which would then cover part of the travel costs (personally i dont see how it could be cheaper at all because all the same costs are there... i assume the costs come back to buyer maybe with customs????))
  • I'm curious who all here has chosen the European Delivery and if so what were the additional costs to do so?
  • Does the car still go to dealer when you arrive stateside or direct to you?
  • The time between dropping car off and arrival stateside is still around the same 1 month period?
  • Porsche arranges your visit at the factory, but can/do they arrange anything else while abroad?
  • Any other info that might be helpful to someone curious about the option?

thank you,

-Riley
Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 152 Posts

I did it with my Boxster S but it was in 2000. I think the procedure is the same now, but the delivery center in Zuffenhausen is new, with an expanded museum and alot nicer.
- In US it is an added cost, was about $2500 then, covered lunch, 1 night at hotel Zepplin in Stuutgart, up to 2 weeks car insurance and taxi from airport to factory
- you can return the car at Zuffenhausen or several other cities in Europe, the car gets sent back to the factory then sent to your dealer. Takes about 4-6 weeks.
- check with Porsche Travel Service. We did the Castles tour, they have set tours but can arrange almost anything special.
- if you get PCM Nav, arrange for European discs through PCNA, otherwise they give you a book with maps if you book travel through them.
- the gift they provided us was soft luggage
- take the factory tour - no cameras allowed
- visit the Exclusive department to see cool options (too late for your car but fun)
- drive the romantic road, maybe the Nurburgring too after break in 500 km

Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

All I can say that it was an expensive and memorable experience:

GT3 Euro Delivery

First Mods while in Germany

Never made it past 300km/h

+1 to what Tedster said. BTW, they provide Euro Nav disk now and the price for Euro delivery has gone up a bit. I enjoyed the car for 6 months in Europe and loved every minute of it but it's an expensive way of driving a Porsche in Europe. Renting is cheaper.

Quick Reply: How many RennList members have opted for European Delivery?