2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Randall 991.2
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by russellporsche
Vasek Polak was an idol of mine as I had just started my own little auto repair shop in Brampton Canada specializing in Porsche VW etc. Around 1979 I made the trek to Hermosa Beach and walked into the Vasek Polak dealership showroom. I was in awe of the cars on display and was met by a very friendly salesperson. I introduced myself as a fledgling auto mechanic that wanted to specialize in Porsche. He was so friendly and engaging he took me on tour of the repair facility which included servicing race clients with 935's. I was amazed when he explained that the dealership flew parts in directly from Germany once a month. The most amazing part was on that day it was Vasek Polak's birthday and I was invited upstairs to the boardroom to have cake (some car or racing themed cake if I recall) and I met Mr. Polak. I was at Pebble Beach Concours recently and drove to Hermosa Beach and found the building gone!!!! So sad. Such great memories.
Memories of a special man and dealership live on...

2018 Targa 4 GTS
Old 02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Deb Pollack
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default vasek polak dealership -looking for photos from 1980s

Originally Posted by mcomet
Well I finally edited and uploaded my video. Some footage at Vasek Polak Porsche Circa June of 1988 as well as Hollywood Sport Cars showing various Ferrari and a Testarossa spot somewhere inbetween the two.

https://youtu.be/RAg5EUlL1t8

Enjoy!
Michael
hi Michael - I'm looking for some specific photos from the 1980s of the dealership and wondering how best to reach you - and possible share some from this video too.... how can we best connect?
deb@debpollack.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vasek Polak old dealer pictures