Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 AM
russellporsche
New User

Very awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Randall 991.2
User

Originally Posted by russellporsche View Post
Vasek Polak was an idol of mine as I had just started my own little auto repair shop in Brampton Canada specializing in Porsche VW etc. Around 1979 I made the trek to Hermosa Beach and walked into the Vasek Polak dealership showroom. I was in awe of the cars on display and was met by a very friendly salesperson. I introduced myself as a fledgling auto mechanic that wanted to specialize in Porsche. He was so friendly and engaging he took me on tour of the repair facility which included servicing race clients with 935's. I was amazed when he explained that the dealership flew parts in directly from Germany once a month. The most amazing part was on that day it was Vasek Polak's birthday and I was invited upstairs to the boardroom to have cake (some car or racing themed cake if I recall) and I met Mr. Polak. I was at Pebble Beach Concours recently and drove to Hermosa Beach and found the building gone!!!! So sad. Such great memories.
Memories of a special man and dealership live on...

2018 Targa 4 GTS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vasek Polak old dealer pictures

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.