Notices

Porsche System Tester 2 Manual/Opeations

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche System Tester 2 Manual/Opeations

Anyone knows where i get manual or CD for Porsche System Tester 2. I just bought a used laptop version, but have no idea how to use it. I know some things but like how to program a key would be nice so I can get a replacment of ebay or something.

Also is there a trick to reseting codes? I am trying to reset airbag code but keeps coming back up, should I have the engine running or just the key in the igntion?

Thank you
Mike
Old 04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

It keeps coming back because you have presumably not fixed the problem causing it I would guess.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Key has to be in the on position, but not running. Like Mark said, just clearing a code doesn't fix your issue. Usually an airbag code is due to bad seat belt buckles on one side or the other.

Using the PST2/PIWIS is pretty straight forward, but there are some things you will not be able to do without some coding numbers from the dealer. I haven't programmed a key in probably 4 years, but IIRC i had to call our dealer (we had a good in with one of the parts guys) to get one of the numbers the PIWIS asked for. recoding modules such as the alarm module is the same thing.

Quick Reply: Porsche System Tester 2 Manual/Opeations