Notices

Winter Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Bulltrue
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Vehicle

Hey all.. as much as I'm enjoying the summer driving my 944, I need to start thinking about what I'm going to drive after I put it in the garage this winter.
I live in Michigan, and I'm looking to get something that is relatively gas efficient, because I drive for my job... and get paid gas mileage. So the more efficient the car, the more of that money goes into my pocket.
A truck would be nice... but I really don't know what trucks are reliable and somewhat gas efficient.
So I looked on craigslist at some cars.. eagle talon AWD would be nice, but can't find one I like..
Anyways, any recommendations? **I'm only looking to spend about $3,000** lol, but these days I know if I take my time I should be able to find something pretty nice for 3,000 or less...
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM
new914owner
Track Day

how bout a jeep cherokee sport...those arnet too bad on gas and they are very good in teh snow
Old 08-19-2009, 08:41 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

+1

I've got one as my DD/winter beater/parts chaser/adventure vehicle...they're fun! Mines a Laredo, but same idea. The 4.0l is next to bulletproof (my first car was an '88, with just a touch over 335,000 miles on the original engine before it bit the dust), and it is pretty cheap to run IMO.

There are deals out there on them if you look hard. I picked my current '91 up for $850...needed a few things, but the total came out to about $1500 to make it roadworthy in VA.

Quick Reply: Winter Vehicle