Notices

Female Technicians????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 141 Posts

I am a tech and do know a few female techs. However they aren't very "feminine" but do know their stuff.

As long as you do the job properly that's all that matters to me.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:11 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I can't believe we made it to page two before some schlub posted this
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
944meister
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 11-19-2009, 03:15 PM
stogie25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in a male dominated technical field (electrical engineering) which works well because I am a guy. I have met very few women engineers, and unfortunately there were very few in school. The few that I have worked with were first rate.

As far as my cars go, I do almost all the work myself. I interview anyone that touches my vehicles. They have to convince me that they are better then I am at what they are going to do. If I were to go to a mechanic and he turned out to be a she I would interview her just like I would a guy. If she met my standard of competence I would have no problem with the fact that she is a woman.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
PNWpirelli
6th Gear

Other than UTI - does anyone know the respected schools??? Community Colleges, or Technical Colleges. How to find them? I'd like to stay close to home. :-)
Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Where is VR on this one?? Pictures, please!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mechanic had a female mechanic from UTI. The reason I know is because my son wanted to go to UTI so I asked my mechanic if he had any experiences with UTI graduates.

He did and his opinion was not favorable. Again not because of her gender but because of where she went to school and the skill set she obtained at UTI. I posted a thread in OT asking the same question. "Any of your mechanics UTI grads"?

Do a search in OT and read for yourself. Also go talk to the Porsche mechanics in your area and ask them their experiences and where their mechanics went to school. Please research before you spend $30K. Good luck!!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 PM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed you're not a member...you probably don't have access to OT. If you want more info and can PM me I'll cut and paste some of the replies for you as some of the good replies (from UTI grads) were private messages.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
PNWpirelli
6th Gear

EVERY Porsche Tech I know went to UTI. They all went to the Phoenix Campus. :-S Its strange to me that you HAVE to get your "Bachelors" at a specific school in order to apply to the "masters" program you want. Kind of sounds like a racket.... IMHO
Old 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have no problem whatsover. It's been said, good techs are hard to find. If you truly want it, go for it! Once you decide, don't look back. The only opinion that matters about whether a woman would make a good tech or not, is yours. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Female Technicians????