Notices

Need Help with a car purchase Legal issue!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
leia7987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help with a car purchase Legal issue!

I bought my 2001 Porsche C4 cab around a month ago and still have yet to get my warranty info. The dealership I bought it from said it was through Warranty Admin Services. They have no knowledge of warranty. I have tried to call the dealership for over 3 weeks and left several messages. It is a one man operation in Mesa Az called World Class Motors, so he is not answering my call. I do have a bill of sale that shows I paid for a warranty. The warranty was $1500, so what should I do? I will greatly appreciate any help at all!

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by leia7987; 05-28-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 PM
fiemiller
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like he never paid for your warranty, and probably never will. I suppose your only option would be small claims court.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Check with the state agency that regulates dealers?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most state agencies will say that it's a civil and contractual matter between you and the seller...rather difficult to do a small claims court deal between two states. You might try whatever the state equivalent is for the Department of Motor Vehicles that licenses these guys. Sorry your deal had to include a less than honorable seller. This is a reason some folks choose to escrow the money till all parties are satisfied with the transaction.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Check in with the county's consumer fraud division where this dealer....

Originally Posted by leia7987
I bought my 2001 Porsche C4 cab around a month ago and still have yet to get my warranty info. The dealership I bought it from said it was through Warranty Admin Services. They have no knowledge of warranty. I have tried to call the dealership for over 3 weeks and left several messages. It is a one man operation in Mesa Az called World Class Motors, so he is not answering my call. I do have a bill of sale that shows I paid for a warranty. The warranty was $1500, so what should I do? I will greatly appreciate any help at all!

Thanks,
Jeff
located. File a consumer fraud complaint. This gives you some weight behind you to reach an agreement.

Small claims court might work but a real pain for $1500 if you're not a local.

Using consumer fraud complaint gets a government agency working for you.

Try to show a warranty touted as a selling point, featured selling point -- either with sales literature, print out of on-line ads, newspaper ads, ads in local car shopper papers, etc. -- and of course it was a big factor in your decision to buy this car.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Need Help with a car purchase Legal issue!