Notices

Man I gotta ask

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 05:40 PM
gar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuk_928
Soooooooooooooooooo, just how expensive IS it to RENT a Porsche in Germany? I plan to do this the right way this time around.
Check out Avis...I know they used to rent 911's when I was living in Germany back in '01. Only thing stopping me was the fact that I wasn't 30 yet (their age requirement). They told me they also needed two credit card imprints.

While there, I only saw 1 Porsche that actually was driving "fast" (ie - greater than 130km/h or just over 80mph), but boy did he leave me and my crappy Opel Astra in the dust.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:18 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the Ferrari prancing horse question:
Short version: No

Long version: Enzo Ferrari was a fan of the Italian WWI ace Francesco Baracca. Baracca had painted on the fuselage of his plane a prancing horse. Ferrari subsequently met the ace's parents at a road race. It was Countess Baracca, the ace's mother that suggested he paint the horse on his car for good luck. He decided to keep the horse black, but added the yellow background - because that was the color of Modena, which is of course where Ferrari is from.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Drewster67
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Cool ferrari Wallpaper

http://www.andreoni.com/downloads/wa...rses_800.shtml

This image was way to large to upload and I didn't feel like resizing it - There are other cool free wallpapers available - That is if you dont mind the companies logo on it. - Enjoy

Quick Reply: Man I gotta ask