Car transport service - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Car transport service

Old 02-10-2019, 03:04 PM
pghpp70
User

Default Car transport service

Has anyone used Direct Conect Auto Transport to ship their Porsche across the USA? Any reviews is appreciated. Other transport company suggestions is also welcome.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 AM
DaBigBR
User

The transport business is such that you will rarely have the current you contract actually deliver your car. Everybody transporter is a broker and every broker is a transporter. I suggest picking somebody in the middle of the bids and accept that your car will probably come on the safe no-name truck whichever broker you hire.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:39 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Addict
Rennlist Member

I shipped two cars across country last summer and searched around more than I expected to need to do to find the right shipper....I went with Plycar as the best combination of national reputation, price, and service. AFAIK, they are an actual transport company and not a broker--I actually see there trucks around all the time.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:29 AM
pghpp70
User

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:53 AM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go with a proven company that has full insurance and experienced driver's, not a broker. Some of the ones I have used are Reliable, Horseless Carriage & Intercity. I have used shippers many times over the years, both sending and receiving, and I would not use a broker and not know who was handling my car. You could get a good one but if you use one of the trusted ones you should not have to worry.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
Baxter1949
New User

I just used Best Auto Movers to ship my Aston Martin to California from Florida and they shipped my new Porsche Targa GTS from C.A. To Florida for me, It took exactly 7 days as promised as well as good rates for the cars being shipped in an enclosed trailer. . Everything went very well if this helps. Baxter

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.