Notices

Argggggggggg (QuickJack Out of the Box Problem)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 02:24 PM
MOXY_997.2
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Argggggggggg (QuickJack Out of the Box Problem)

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!

I was looking forward to getting alot of stuff done this weekend on our cars before it gets really cold. Ordered a QuickJack and got it in 3 days. My son and I went out and started putting it together (new video QJ did is great). Things were going really well until we got to the pressurize the cylinders. First cylinder pressurized without a problem. Second cylinder was missing its cap, went to pressurize and it bled down in about 10 seconds. Changed out the valve stem, still bled down. Retaped the valve, still bled down. I reached out to QJ to see what they can do. I know that stuff happens, but this should have been caught before it shipped. We are a little disappointed at this point.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:03 AM
MOXY_997.2
Intermediate

Waiting for a tech to call me back....................................

<<<<RANT ON>>> Since one of the two worked, I am considering taking them back to Costco for a refund, having them hold on to them until I get my new set. Putting the new set together and if I have a problem with the new set, take parts off of the old set to get the new set to work (just kidding, the frustration is coursing through my veins). I new to this we will call you back when we have time thing. Usually, if I have ever had a problem I call and talk with someone right away. <<<RANT OFF>>>
Old 01-17-2019, 01:41 PM
MOXY_997.2
Intermediate

The tech folks at BP were friendly. The original hydraulic cylinder leaked air. They are sending me a new cylinder set up (hydraulic and air). It should arrive on Monday. Too bad it's getting colder than cr$p here starting Monday. I am not going to be able to get all the work done I wanted to while it was somewhat warm outside.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:24 AM
MOXY_997.2
Intermediate

Got the new assembly in from Bendpak. The replacement was pretty straight forward. One thing that I should have thought of but didn't, it tells you to put 2.5 quarts of ATF fluid into the pump. After cleaning up my floor I can tell you to start with 2 quarts until the hydraulic lines get full of fluid and THEN add the remaining 0.5 quart.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Kooljess
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXY_997.2
Got the new assembly in from Bendpak. The replacement was pretty straight forward. One thing that I should have thought of but didn't, it tells you to put 2.5 quarts of ATF fluid into the pump. After cleaning up my floor I can tell you to start with 2 quarts until the hydraulic lines get full of fluid and THEN add the remaining 0.5 quart.
Thanks good to know...since I am interested in acquiring one soon.

Quick Reply: Argggggggggg (QuickJack Out of the Box Problem)