Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   General Porsche Discussions Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum-73/)
-   -   997 GT2 Current Market (https://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum/1122814-997-gt2-current-market.html)

911Touring 01-07-2019 03:26 PM

997 GT2 Current Market

Looking at the 997 GT2 market (excluding the RS) - there seems to be several listed online that haven't moved over the past couple of months. Some have had their prices dropped as well.

Could it be that most of the attention is being funneled towards the 991 GT3, GT3 RS and GT2 RS cars? - OR - Has the 997 GT2 RS taken the complete limelight away from the 'regular' GT2?
Maybe a bit of both?

I've driven a tuned 997 GT2 a few years back - it was a big kick in the pants and an unforgettable experience. The owner of the car had also driven the RS version and claimed that his car was almost identical in feel (he had done several mods to the engine, transmission, exhaust).

I wonder if the 'regular' GT2 is really that far off from the RS version. If it is, still can't be half as good yet it is selling for less than half as much!

And yes, I know that the regular GT2 isn't numbered, but it really is a low production car from the data I've seen posted here.

Anyone else following the 997 GT2s and reluctant to pick one up? How about owners - are you holding on and for what reason?

Best,

M.

rmstar 01-15-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by 911Touring (Post 15548181)
Looking at the 997 GT2 market (excluding the RS) - there seems to be several listed online that haven't moved over the past couple of months. Some have had their prices dropped as well.

Could it be that most of the attention is being funneled towards the 991 GT3, GT3 RS and GT2 RS cars? - OR - Has the 997 GT2 RS taken the complete limelight away from the 'regular' GT2?
Maybe a bit of both?

I've driven a tuned 997 GT2 a few years back - it was a big kick in the pants and an unforgettable experience. The owner of the car had also driven the RS version and claimed that his car was almost identical in feel (he had done several mods to the engine, transmission, exhaust).

I wonder if the 'regular' GT2 is really that far off from the RS version. If it is, still can't be half as good yet it is selling for less than half as much!

And yes, I know that the regular GT2 isn't numbered, but it really is a low production car from the data I've seen posted here.

Anyone else following the 997 GT2s and reluctant to pick one up? How about owners - are you holding on and for what reason?

Best,

M.

You will get faster and helpful reply if you post in 997 forum.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/

bigc 01-17-2019 11:05 AM

997 GT2>991

Maybe a bit of both?

Best,

M.

While the 997 GT2 and GT2RS Markets have been a bit ridiculous the last several years, the release of the 991 GT2RS seems to have had an effect on both. I remember when even 997 GT2s were being delt for 300k+...that being said, your money is best invested in a 997 GT2, being that they can be had for sub-$200k nowadays and there are fewer of them, which will help in resale.

RennOracle 03-03-2019 10:36 PM

Maybe a bit of both?

Best,

M.

It's a buyers market regarding gt2 both 996 and 997. It has been stale for a couple of years, in Europe there are cars that are yet to be sold since the 991.1 gt3 were trading at 200k LOL and it's not one or two dogs, it's fairly priced clean cars. Gt2 are in need of some nice media content to wake up the market.
For now you can find amazing deals on gt2, the problem is that you might be stuck with it for a while.
In Europe at least 4 sub 130k very clean decent mileage clubsports passed by me. They sold, fairly well, but the 130k car was almost new, last year with pcm3, 997.2 intercooler, new cup 2, pritine paint, car was never even pushed. That was a 180k car here a couple of years ago. Took a couple of months to sell.
996 gt2 had a bit of a surge and are a bit more liquid (again Europe) but a lot of cars trading at sensible prices. 20 years approaching. Might be the pre-classic warmup.
If you want to 'invest' forget it. It's retarded to put money into cars now. Wait 1 or 2 years, the ammount of defaults on credit card payments are increasing, let the dealers need to get rid of their stock. And even then, no one really knows how gasoline cars will be legislated. Just buy whatever you like and can afford, if it's cool, it will appreciate if the economy allows it.

summary: Plenty of deals on gt2 as they are not selling, prepare to get 'stuck' with it for a while