Notices

Best way to lift my 997.2

Old 12-04-2018, 01:05 PM
MOXY_997.2
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best way to lift my 997.2

Sorry should have said raise my car, not lift.

I have been going back and forth regarding the best way for me to get my 997.2 off the ground for routine work. I am currently looking at the following: Liftbar's, the concept looks pretty straight-forward, but I am concerned about how stable things are during the lifting process, will the jack stands pit my concrete floor and whether or not I can use them on all my vehicles. Quickjack, which looks cool, will work on all my vehicles, but it's more expensive and is it really stable if I have to apply force to remove wheels, rotors, etc? Jackpoints, cool concept, look stable, but I would have to buy a lot of parts and pieces to get them to work on all my vehicles.

Thanks in advance for any constructive thoughts and input.

Last edited by MOXY_997.2; 12-04-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Unable to edit title, added clarification
Old 12-05-2018, 07:04 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

I've just gone through this myself. I think you will find the lift bars are specific to a single vehicle and are non-adjustable. I'm not worried about pitting concrete in my garage, but hate the nervousness I get every time I lift the car, rocking back and forth, on jackstands. My nerves couldn't take it any more. I ended up with Quickjacks and so far, am very happy with them. They are a little heavy to manipulate, and more costly than regular jack stands, but lift evenly and smoothly, and are stable (actually better than I thought, honestly). The "best" is likely a two post, but expense, drilling slab, weight, etc just didn't seem the best option for me.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:58 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXY_997.2
Sorry should have said raise my car, not lift.

I have been going back and forth regarding the best way for me to get my 997.2 off the ground for routine work. I am currently looking at the following: Liftbar's, the concept looks pretty straight-forward, but I am concerned about how stable things are during the lifting process, will the jack stands pit my concrete floor and whether or not I can use them on all my vehicles. Quickjack, which looks cool, will work on all my vehicles, but it's more expensive and is it really stable if I have to apply force to remove wheels, rotors, etc? Jackpoints, cool concept, look stable, but I would have to buy a lot of parts and pieces to get them to work on all my vehicles.

Thanks in advance for any constructive thoughts and input.
I use Liftbars on my 987.2 and think they work incredibly well. That said - if I had more room in my garage and money was no object, Quickjack looks awesome. Someday I hope to have the space and budget for one.

That said, liftbars are super-easy to deal with, don't require a lot of parts, they allow you to confidently lift your car, fit snugly, and can be taken on the road easily if need be. They are an A+ product in my mind as someone who is lifting their car 4X year for oil/brakes/tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way to lift my 997.2