Notices

TIRE Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 PM
lovetodrivefast
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TIRE Opinions

Recently picked up a 997 GTS and loving it but need new rears. Fronts have 80% left. Currently has P-zero's but reviews on Tire Rack aren't that favorable. 2 questions: Thoughts on mis matching brands for a while until fronts are worn and also favorite tires out there for a daily driver 997?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:20 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Whether you run the same brand or a different brand, the most important thing is that the tires are as close to the "same" as possible. Similar tread wear, similar grip, similar tread pattern, similar construction. Running tires that aren't the same brand/model can alter the driving characteristics making it more prone to oversteer, understeer, or break loose in the rain.

Though I realize a lot of people do this on cars with staggered setups since rotating is not an option.

As a daily tire, I've been very pleased with the Pilot Sport 4S, but they're pricy.
My favorite tire has always been the Federal 595 RS-R for a great balance of decent track performance and very good wet/dry street grip. They don't last long, but I can get a full set for the price of one rear PS4S tire.

Quick Reply: TIRE Opinions