JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

You guys are great. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:41 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So happy you got what you wanted. I can relate to almost everything you said. I never say anything about my cars (and there have been many), but I always get the feeling it ticks some people off when they find out. Jealously, mostly, I guess. Reading your thread and some of the respsonses has actually been a bit of a relief. Kudos and congrats. RJ

Last edited by SoCal RJ; 10-12-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:48 AM
-TFK-
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Last edited by -TFK-; 02-18-2022 at 02:01 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-19-2022, 09:35 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Pullover, thanks for your insights -- particularly about the possibility of exotic brands causing bad behavior in certain types of people on sight. It has crossed my mind that my wife will be driving a thing that will occasionally be a target from total strangers of a certain level of resentment, and maybe even anger, just because the thing exists. I personally cannot fathom it, but I am not so stupid as to believe it won't happen. We've already had a few discussions about driving a little (or a lot) less aggressively when people are around. She could hide all day in anonymity were we buying a dime-a-dozen Merc or BMW. But a blue Cayenne Turbo with clear taillights, blacked-out everything, and yellow PCCB calipers that stand out like oversize bananas hanging at each corner? They'll be no hiding and no denying in that car.

Along that line, I don't know how folks who buy the truly exotic Porsches -- say, a Lizard Green 911 GT3 RS -- drive around in public. Maybe they never do -- they just sit in the garage and tease? I'd be a nervous wreck. For me, there'd be a lot of hot laps on empty country roads at night. I'd probably find out pretty quickly just how well the car would stop for deer. Trips to Wal-Mart in rush-hour traffic to pick up steaks and beer for a cookout? Not so much.

Again, I appreciate your advice. We'll just take it as it comes, with heads on swivels and smiles on faces.
I have a couple of GT3RS in bright colours and in general it has not been a problem at all. Drive them anywhere in the driving season. In the end they’re just cars.
Obviously bad driving behaviour will get you noticed. One thing I notice is whenever a car accident makes the news they will identify a Porsche by name. I think there is a popular notion that alll Porsche drivers are aggressive boors. Actually any higher-end expensive sports car gets that reaction.
I also have a Smart car and the attitude of other drivers is notable with people cutting me off ,tailgating and so on.
You will be fine with the Cayenne -get it wrapped and ceramic and you will get fewer scrapes

Quick Reply: D*ck factor at play?