A little something for everyone, 3D artist sharing my work - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Porsche Discussions Forum
Reload this Page >

A little something for everyone, 3D artist sharing my work

Notices

A little something for everyone, 3D artist sharing my work

 
Old 11-12-2018, 10:49 PM
  #16  
DangerousDan
User
 
DangerousDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Your work is awesome! How much do you charge for a vehicle concept rendering?
DangerousDan is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:57 PM
  #17  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
Your work is awesome! How much do you charge for a vehicle concept rendering?
Thank you!

I want to try and not turn this into an advertisement thread, just sharing my non-commission work. So I'm hoping that this will cover your, and future questions regarding commissions. It really depends on what all is involved, if I have a 3D model I can work with already or if and how much I need to model or create from scratch. Best bet is to drop me an email with all of the details. [email protected]
OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:02 PM
  #18  
DangerousDan
User
 
DangerousDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by OptimusGlen View Post
Thank you!

I want to try and not turn this into an advertisement thread, just sharing my non-commission work. So I'm hoping that this will cover your, and future questions regarding commissions. It really depends on what all is involved, if I have a 3D model I can work with already or if and how much I need to model or create from scratch. Best bet is to drop me an email with all of the details. [email protected]
I'm designing an offroad/safari style build similar to Kelly Moss' build, but with more of an overland vibe than a rally vibe. Would you be able to model something like this but with roof rack and brush guard on the front bumper?

DangerousDan is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 PM
  #19  
DangerousDan
User
 
DangerousDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
I'm designing an offroad/safari style build similar to Kelly Moss' build, but with more of an overland vibe than a rally vibe. Would you be able to model something like this but with roof rack and brush guard on the front bumper?
Roof rack, lighting, and brush guard like this...


DangerousDan is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:25 PM
  #20  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Please email me, I want to keep this thread clean.
OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 03:28 PM
  #21  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

I designed a short little ducktail spoiler for the GT2RS, clear merely for the 3rd brake light. Side panels attached in the stock location.

OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 10:45 AM
  #22  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

A 911 RSR dressed like a cupcake

OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 11:11 PM
  #23  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Here are some more recent pieces.



OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 10:40 AM
  #24  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

I've been slowly working on an ST model, it's finally close enough to be shared. Hope you enjoy.



OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 11:20 AM
  #25  
cannonball05
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cannonball05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 236
Default

So how does one buy one of these models? They are incredible.
cannonball05 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 11:49 AM
  #26  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by cannonball05 View Post
So how does one buy one of these models? They are incredible.
Thank you. These are 3D digital models, or many would know the term CAD model. Some of what I post are models that had been purchased online (Turbosquid.com, CGTrader.com, Hum3D.com) and in those circumstances I often remodel certain components, usually wheels. Other times I create the models from scratch. In the case of the ST, I created most of what you see from scratch with several smaller components pulled from other models. I don't sell the 3D models I make.

OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 02:40 PM
  #27  
cannonball05
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cannonball05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by OptimusGlen View Post
Thank you. These are 3D digital models, or many would know the term CAD model. Some of what I post are models that had been purchased online (Turbosquid.com, CGTrader.com, Hum3D.com) and in those circumstances I often remodel certain components, usually wheels. Other times I create the models from scratch. In the case of the ST, I created most of what you see from scratch with several smaller components pulled from other models. I don't sell the 3D models I make.
So if I understand correctly, those sites you listed sell the plans for the 3D printer to print? and the model building is up to the buyer such as myself?
cannonball05 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 03:02 PM
  #28  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by cannonball05 View Post
So if I understand correctly, those sites you listed sell the plans for the 3D printer to print? and the model building is up to the buyer such as myself?
No. Those sites sell digital 3D geometry, but not all digital 3D geometry is suitable for 3D printing. The digital 3D geometry itself is referred to as a model, it is non-physical. Nothing I have posted is physical geometry, it's all digital.

For example, some digital 3D geometry is what is referred to as "surface modelling" where there is a surface, but that surface has zero thickness. Here are the glass components of the 356 Coupe I posted recently. Each of those pieces is zero thickness, as if you wrapped a piece of paper around a bend (except thinner) 3D printers need solid models.


OptimusGlen is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 03:10 PM
  #29  
cannonball05
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
cannonball05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 236
Default

Oh. Thanks for explaining to a novice. I was thinking these were 3D printed models. I saw 3D and printing just came to mind. Very interesting. I would love to get a print and get it framed.
So what would your work be used for? Plans to build something? Decoration? Art? Schematics? all the above?

P.S. It would have helped me if I had fully read your original post thoroughly! haha
cannonball05 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 11:50 AM
  #30  
OptimusGlen
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
OptimusGlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

haha, no problem.

My work is typically used a couple ways. One, for decoration/artwork that's printed and hung on a wall. The other way is to help builders visualize their car, color or part options, etc. This is a bit more exclusive because model and render work is not typically cheap, and I don't have hours and hours of extra time to do this. For for high end builds it can be very valuable, and then at the end you also have a piece of artwork you can hang if you desire.

This is a project I'm finishing up, the clients goals are for something else so that free's me to do some rendered images of it. BBS E55 with turbo fan, I have two different offsets modeled.

Not sure what the wheels came from originally, the real wheels I'm modelling are both 16x11's with offsets of about 43mm and 69mm.



The one on the far right is a narrower version I just made in case I want to put these on something other than a full-on race car.
OptimusGlen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.