Notices

How good is the CPO warranty, really?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 05:21 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How good is the CPO warranty, really?

Hi all, long time BMW fanboy new here in search of my first Porsche as a daily. I'm hoping someone can provide insight on the 2yr/unlimited mileage CPO being offered, I was initially interested in picking up an X5M but I'm now strongly considering a Cayenne Turbo with the CPO because of that extra year of coverage.

Over the past week or so reading through these forums I've noticed more than a few people complain about their CPO warranty, but nothing really going into any detail. I'm just curious if there are any real and common issues, or if there are just a few disgruntled people. Does Porsche nitpick what they'll fix under the warranty? Anyone have good/bad stories of their dealership visits on a CPO car? Are the exclusions really any different than a brand new car warranty would be?

​​​I'm planning to drive this vehicle 50k miles/yr at minimum, and I definitely don't want to be stuck with any huge repair bills on a technicality after paying the $5k+ premium for a warranty. Any info is appreciated - Tlthank you!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:43 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

FWIW, years ago I bought a 2005 Boxster S CPO, from an out of town dealer. A couple of months later, I found a small puddle of oil under the engine. My local dealer replaced the RMS without blinking.

Quick Reply: How good is the CPO warranty, really?