Notices

Seasonal price changes on Porsches???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 02:58 PM
involutions
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seasonal price changes on Porsches???

As I trample through various auto classifieds looking for my new ride, I am finding that, compared with the last 3 months, (1) a few more cars are coming up for sale, and (2) I keep seeing "price reduced" (though only slightly) on more ads each day. However, the cars that I would actually want don't seem to get reduced and linger, most already priced way too high (in my opinion). I am seeing prices between 10%-20% over NADA on some cars, and sometimes the same car listed Cargurus.com may say "High Price", while Caranddriver.com may say, "good deal".

Should I expect to see a much larger selection of used 911s for sale this fall and winter, such as I would with standard sports cars, such as Mustangs, Camaros, etc. as people turn their focus on buying SUVs? Or, is the Porsche community so enthusiastic that they will even be looking/buying in the middle of winter? I live in the northeast, so winter really means you probably aren't driving a 911 unless you are vacationing somewhere else.

I've been looking for the "right" car for about 4 or 5 months now, missed out on 3 or 4 really great cars because I was 5 minutes last. Hoping my odds increase with bad weather.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks.
-Tom

Old 08-06-2018, 08:34 AM
syswizard
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you not been reading the news ? Trump is threatening to impose 25% tariffs on imported GERMAN cars !!
HALLO !!!....that immediately changed the market.
I totally agree with you.....fewer Porsches for sale and higher prices.
For a decent deal, you'll probably have to wait till after Christmas....think February 2019.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 AM
involutions
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, of course, that is true for NEW cars, but I'm not sure that most people looking at buying new Porsches are going to "settle" for a used 997 instead of a new 991, or even a used 991.
-Tom
The following users liked this post:
jayGT3touring (07-04-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 03:05 AM
Luca84
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Unfortunately because of covid is really hard for the dealerships to get enough pre-owned inventory. That leads to high demand low supply...and of course higher selling prices.

I was in the same boat and wanted to wait before pulling the trigger but I end up going for a fair deal. Yes you can save 5-10k in the future but what is 5-10k when you can enjoy the pleasure to drive your 911 (especially if you break it down the lwnght of ownership) ?
Old 04-18-2021, 06:31 PM
Juno2018
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 9 Posts

So glad I bought my left over 2019 911 June last year for $121k. Wonder if the dealership regretted selling at this price. If they only held on a few more months.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:44 PM
Juno2018
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Juno2018
So glad I bought my left over 2019 911 June last year for $121k. Wonder if the dealership regretted selling at this price. If they only held on a few more months.

Dang it posted in the wrong thread. How the hell did it get posted here. Oh well.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:34 PM
BRIZZ84
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by involutions
As I trample through various auto classifieds looking for my new ride, I am finding that, compared with the last 3 months, (1) a few more cars are coming up for sale, and (2) I keep seeing "price reduced" (though only slightly) on more ads each day. However, the cars that I would actually want don't seem to get reduced and linger, most already priced way too high (in my opinion). I am seeing prices between 10%-20% over NADA on some cars, and sometimes the same car listed Cargurus.com may say "High Price", while Caranddriver.com may say, "good deal".

Should I expect to see a much larger selection of used 911s for sale this fall and winter, such as I would with standard sports cars, such as Mustangs, Camaros, etc. as people turn their focus on buying SUVs? Or, is the Porsche community so enthusiastic that they will even be looking/buying in the middle of winter? I live in the northeast, so winter really means you probably aren't driving a 911 unless you are vacationing somewhere else.

I've been looking for the "right" car for about 4 or 5 months now, missed out on 3 or 4 really great cars because I was 5 minutes last. Hoping my odds increase with bad weather.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks.
-Tom
what are you looking for exactly?

Last edited by BRIZZ84; 05-11-2021 at 07:44 PM. Reason: WONG REPLY
Old 06-30-2021, 01:11 PM
b2nvs2001
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BRIZZ84
what are you looking for exactly?

agree- me too

Quick Reply: Seasonal price changes on Porsches???