Notices

Best way (site) to view dealer inventory...?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best way (site) to view dealer inventory...?

Hello Friends!
Thank you all for your advice on my upcoming first purchase. Now I'm ready to buy (Panamera Turbo).

But it's really frustrating sitting at my computer combing through dealer inventory that show cars with builds and option lists that seem to have little relation to what's on Porsche's "Build Your Porsche" site or its brochure. I get it, the dealers want you to call or you to visit but, Man, I feel like I'm being treated like a mark. Shouldn't I be able to take my Code, plug it in somewhere and get a list of all the vehicles that come closest to matching it?

Does anyone have a preference or know a site that is easy to navigate and that allows for clearer, less obfuscated searches, perhaps even by packages?

Sincere thanks,
Will
Old 04-17-2018, 07:42 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I wish I could say that there was (if there is, I'll be checking back in to find out!), but I don't believe so. Some dealers put their inventory on CarGurus and similar websites, but for the most part, aside from going into a dealer and sitting down and asking them to look at vehicles across the entire country, through their dealer database, that fit your criteria, I don't think that there is any way. Even then, some dealers can't search past X miles away. The only way I know of, is to go to Porsche's website, look at the dealer list, and look at each dealers' inventory independently. Idiotic if you ask me. I've been in your shoes, it's very frustrating. I have no hesitation about buying a vehicle that is across the country, but I guess some brands don't want that. Good luck on your purchase and welcome to the Porsche family!
Old 04-17-2018, 11:03 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastcars914
I wish I could say that there was (if there is, I'll be checking back in to find out!), but I don't believe so. Some dealers put their inventory on CarGurus and similar websites, but for the most part, aside from going into a dealer and sitting down and asking them to look at vehicles across the entire country, through their dealer database, that fit your criteria, I don't think that there is any way. Even then, some dealers can't search past X miles away. The only way I know of, is to go to Porsche's website, look at the dealer list, and look at each dealers' inventory independently. Idiotic if you ask me. I've been in your shoes, it's very frustrating. I have no hesitation about buying a vehicle that is across the country, but I guess some brands don't want that. Good luck on your purchase and welcome to the Porsche family!
Sincere thanks for your thoughts. Maddening, isn't it. I literally could spend days doing it. The worst part is trying to figure out what these cars have been spec'd with. Anyway, I'll post what I end up with.
Cheers!
WT
Old 04-18-2018, 09:14 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Indeed it is maddening, you would think the Brands would create one website in order to make sales easier (and thus potentially increasing them), but I'm sure their dealerships wouldn't be very excited about that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way (site) to view dealer inventory...?