Notices

Allocation Process

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM
randrew54
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allocation Process

I'm a first time Porsche buyer, at least I thought, so the allocation process is new to me. It's taken me years to be in a position to purchase a 911. I've spent hours on the Porsche configuration tool, designing the perfect car and I finally placed the order earlier this year. The car I want is a 2018 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet; however, I'm now being told there are zero allocations in all of North America and Porsche may not build any more Porsche 4S models in 2018. I can't really talk about this with just anyone. You have to be a Porsche enthusiast to understand how I feel.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old 04-09-2018, 03:47 PM
wanesso
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm a first time buyer also and was obsessed with the new 911 GT3, also with no more build orders, etc etc but could find the odd one at dealer in Miami or LA for 50K above msrp which was not going to happen since it places them >200K . I told my local dealer that if any new GT3's showed up I would take it regardless of color or specs as long as it was msrp. He said it won't happen....and then it did. If you can compromise at all with the way you would build it, you might get lucky.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:27 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

The only 991.2 Carrera you can order is a GTS and a Turbo. The Turbo, I am not sure, since I have to research back which Porsche mags I read it. The GT3s are already taken unless you can pay ADM from dealers who built one for that purpose. People who got the GT3 allocations ordered it way way back, even way 2016 from their dealer. Mine I put an order last March 2017 to get an allocation. You can start calling and maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW last two months ago I was having some service done at my local dealership. I was talking with the sales manager telling him that I was searching the country for a GT3 build slot since he couldn't get me one (eventually got one in FL for 15 over but I digress). He told me he was having trouble getting ANY 911s. He was frustrated because he felt the factory was so busy cranking out GT cars that they basically shut down standard 2018 911 production earlier than he anticipated.

Quick Reply: Allocation Process