Porsche Pre-Purchase Inspections - Nationwide, On-Site

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:56 PM
JSorkin25
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspect-X Review / Follow-up

Originally Posted by JSorkin25
As a someone (newly) in the market, after reading the forums here it’s clear a PPI is imperative. Having opened my search nationwide, finding a shop to do PPI local to the prospect car is difficult, especially when the market moves fast. I certainly will look at this as an option for PPI when I find the right car!
I made good on my statement above and wanted to provide a follow-up (no affiliation) on my experience with Inspect-X and Frank's team. I found a car I was interested in and reached out to Frank for a PPI. While his pricing is on the higher side of what I'd seen on the forums, it was certainly worthy of the services performed. He was very responsive, his certified master tech was flexible in getting out to inspect the vehicle, and Frank entertained numerous calls from me in advance of the inspection. I was thoroughly impressed with how attentive Frank was to my detailed questions and requests based on the vehicle I was having him inspect (997.1TT), the CARFAX I was provided, and the specific concerns I had with my potential purchase.

He and his tech produced a 9-page report complete with 2 pages of paragraphs covering comments on all aspects of the vehicle. He also provided a Google drive share of 20+ pictures of the vehicle and diagnostics (including DME). He also conducted a follow-up discussion with me to walk through the comments, and followed up again on a few questions I had from the report. If anything, the Inspect-X team were overly conservative/meticulous with their assessment (for example, the hood struts and gas cap were listed as needing replacement from Frank, but I found both to be in working order with only minor nuances on each).

I have since taken receipt of the car (!!) and it's exactly as promised by the seller and as documented by Frank - very happy customer! I would definitely recommend Inspect-X and Frank, and will certainly look to him for future PPI's.

J
Old 04-29-2018, 07:14 AM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you @JSorkin25! Happy you had a great experience, and hope you enjoy the 997TT.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:58 PM
humpday
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inspectX
Thank you @JSorkin25! Happy you had a great experience, and hope you enjoy the 997TT.
Are you guys still in business? I've tried contacting you twice this week.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:32 AM
rmoudry
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a qualified inspector in Dallas TX? Can they get all the fault codes from the car as well as check items like Tiptronic trans and check for possible IMS problems? Thanks

Quick Reply: Porsche Pre-Purchase Inspections - Nationwide, On-Site