Notices

Ownership history

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Atlas G Metallic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ownership history

I am curious about the impact of multiple owners on the value/desirability newer Porsches (997 forward). If service history is well documented including prior Porsche certified status and the PPI is clean, are multiple prior owners a significant concern? Look forward to your thoughts.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:14 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

To me it is a crapshoot. You could have had one owner that either abused or babied it. Same with multiple owners. You just never know. I would rather have the car that was babied by 3 separate owners than one that was thrashed by a single owner.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:31 PM
stubble88
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Multiple owners = more possible ppi's = more chances things were fixed and maintained.
Im the fith owner of my 2003 turbo with 50k miles and its incredibly clean. I changed the oil today and while under the car I noticed how sparkling clean the transmission was compared to the dirty motor it was attached to. So I'm guessing possible rebuilt tranny and new clutch. I received no service records. But service was heavily documented on the carfax.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Atlas G Metallic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I am considering a 6-year old car of which I would be the 6th owner. Just came off Porsche CPO, has clean carfax and good maintenance history.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:03 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas G Metallic
Thanks for the replies. I am considering a 6-year old car of which I would be the 6th owner. Just came off Porsche CPO, has clean carfax and good maintenance history.
I'm guessing you probably know this. I just bought my first Porsche, and in many instances, the dealer who had it listed was counted as an owner. I could tell because the ownership period was short and they were adding very, very few miles. Of course they "owned it", but not like a regular owner who drives it, maintains it, etc. I could be wrong but this makes sense. RJ

Quick Reply: Ownership history