Notices

4 post lift vs mid height lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:57 PM
6S219
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 post lift vs mid height lift

I currently own a BendPak HD9 4 post lift with a bridge jack, and it works great. However, I have been toying with the idea of buying a mid-height lift. They are relatively inexpensive but I'm trying to justify my purchase. For those who own a mid-height lift what do you like/dislike about it? What can you do with a mid-height lift what you cannot to with a 4 post lift? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Attached Images    
Old 11-06-2017, 11:47 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Great looking GT-350! The GT aint bad either. haha
You looking pretty close to the ceiling. Can you park anything other than a Ford GT on the bottom?
Are you talking about replacing your 4 post or just to supplement the 4 post.
The negative I have heard on the mid height lift is the accessibility to certain areas of the car by the lifting mechanism. However if you have both I think you would have a great option to work on various areas of any car with no restrictions. IF one lift blocks a certain area you could just use the other.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:21 PM
6S219
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Great looking GT-350! The GT aint bad either. haha
You looking pretty close to the ceiling. Can you park anything other than a Ford GT on the bottom?
Are you talking about replacing your 4 post or just to supplement the 4 post.
The negative I have heard on the mid height lift is the accessibility to certain areas of the car by the lifting mechanism. However if you have both I think you would have a great option to work on various areas of any car with no restrictions. IF one lift blocks a certain area you could just use the other.
I can fit my P cars on the bottom and the GT up above.
I am considering the mid height lift in addition to the 4 post lift. I think the mid height lift would be easier for brakes, wheel changes, rear end gear swap, etc..

Quick Reply: 4 post lift vs mid height lift