Notices

Dagen Högertrafikomläaggningen: An impressive word for an even more impressive feat

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Dagen Högertrafikomläaggningen: An impressive word for an even more impressive feat

Dagen Högertrafikomläaggningen: An impressive word for an even more impressive feat
By Andrew Davis

Known as the day Sweden switched sides, Dagen H (Sept. 3, 1967) marks the country’s day universal reversal traffic flow transition from left-hand (UK-style) to right-hand (America's) sides of the street.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Chirofirst
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Humans rule. We can do some pretty sh#tty stuff, too, but we can do amazing things! Well done, Swedes! Great story.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 AM
981S2013
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not exactly “woke up the next morning” to drive on the other side of the road. In Stockholm and Malmö, it was 3:00pm to allow more time to reconfigure intersections.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 182 Posts

Cool that you bring up an almost forgotten huge undertaking in Swedens modern history.

I wasn't around when this happened but have been told alot about it.

By the way it's "högertrafikomläggningen" and I can see the Swedish language is confusing for you guys, it's pretty weird. But remember that there are alot of words in the english language that has it's origin from the Vikings ie Scandinavia. And I guess the rest of the words comes from the French.

Swedish police had a bunch of those police 911:s back then. The first country that Porsche exported it's cars to was Sweden and I think 5 of those was it 48 or 49 handmade aluminium bodied 356:s was exported to Sweden.

Love the cars on the pics
Old 10-08-2017, 10:52 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PF
Cool that you bring up an almost forgotten huge undertaking in Swedens modern history.

I wasn't around when this happened but have been told alot about it.

By the way it's "högertrafikomläggningen" and I can see the Swedish language is confusing for you guys, it's pretty weird. But remember that there are alot of words in the english language that has it's origin from the Vikings ie Scandinavia. And I guess the rest of the words comes from the French.

Swedish police had a bunch of those police 911:s back then. The first country that Porsche exported it's cars to was Sweden and I think 5 of those was it 48 or 49 handmade aluminium bodied 356:s was exported to Sweden.

Love the cars on the pics
I was around and vaguely remember being in the back seat of my dad’s car at 3pm when everyone moved from the left to the right side of the road. Not much traffic in Sweden back then so everything went well.

Quick Reply: Dagen Högertrafikomläaggningen: An impressive word for an even more impressive feat