For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 2002 Porsche Carrera Coupe, 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: 2002 Porsche Carrera Coupe, 6 speed

FOR SALE: my 2002 Porsche Carrera Coupe. Arctic Silver, black leather interior, six speed manual transmission. 39,xxx miles. Excellent condition. Here are the details.

The car's factory options are:

Arctic silver metallic (X1)
Black full leather seats (AF)
Comfort package (P01): power seats with lumbar adjustment and drivers side memory.
Technic package (P02): bi-xenon headlights with washers, hi-fi sound system, CD radio.
Heated seat package (P14)
18" Turbo look wheels (414)
Black mats, Porsche lettering (M6A)
Thicker steering wheel (XPA)
Porsche crest in headrests (XSC)

I am the second owner of the car. The original owner, a local optometrist, purchased the car new from Burdick Porsche, here in Syracuse, NY.
He traded it in on a 997 Carrera, also at Burdick Porsche, and I bought it from the dealership when he traded it. I have owned the car for six months, and bought it after a lengthy search for a quality 996 Coupe.

The car has had no track time, and has never been abused or raced. Adult owners only. (I am a 49 years old, and professionally employed.) No body panel damage or accident history. Clean CarFax when I bought it. It is always garaged, and I have never driven it in the rain or snow.

REASON FOR SALE: When I bought the car, I parked it in our two car aattached garage with the intent of building a detached garage for it this Spring. As it turns out, property line setback regulations will not allow me to fit a proper detached garage on our lot. That inconvenience, coupled with the fact that an aging family member and her car just moved in with us, has led to the need to downsize the "fleet". Thus, the Carrera has to go.

COSMETIC CONDITION: I am a stickler on maintenance and car condition. From a cosmetic standpoint, this car is a very nice example. There are a couple of minor dings, less than the size of a dime, and not easy to see: one on the frunk, and one on the a pillar, none on the doors. Some small paint chips on the front air dam, but nothing unexpected in a nine year old car. The interior is very nice. The seats are exceptional: no bolster wear and looking very nearly new. Clean CarFax when I bought it, and no body work that I am aware of. Ever.

MECHANICAL CONDITION: Mechanically, the car is superb. No oil leaks, and the engine compartment is spotless. The car currently has 39,xxx miles on it. Here are the significant milestones in the history of the car.

38,600: I sent the ugly chrome factory rims out for powdercoating, a $1000, plus job. After powdercoating, I had the tires reinstalled with new valve stems and a full road force balancing. I also installed a brand new battery.

38,500: major service. New spark plugs; new serpentinve belt; new brake fluid; new engine air filter; new cabin air filter. All work done at local Porsche dealer: Burdick Porsche, using Porsche factory parts. I have the receipt.

37,000: Brand new Pirelli P Zero Rossos installed at Burdick Porsche. Oil change.

11,550: New engine installed by Burdick Porsche's under warranty due to RMS failure in original engine. As such, technically the chassis of the car has 39,xxx miles on it, and the engine has 28,xxx miles on it. I have the receipt. In evaluating the car when I purchased it, I undertook extensive research regarding the installation of new engines as a result of the RMS failure. I concluded, as Rr Rrhave many, that the new engine is a plus, not a minus.

This car starts, runs and drives as it should. The engine is very strong, and the clutch and transmission are excellent. The brakes have lots of life in them.

I am not too happy to sell the car, but we simply have too many vehicles.

Given the recent major service, this car needs nothing, except to be driven.

PRICE: $29,000, which is quite reasonable, given the fact that this car is well optioned, has very low mileage, and, within the last 1000 miles, has had its major service, a new battery, fresh top of the line tires, and newly powdercoated rims. The car needs nothing.

I have clear (no lien) NYS title in hand, all of the factory manuals, maintenance records, and three (yes, three!) factory keys, each with the full remote fob.

CONTACT ME: I rarely check PMs here, so, if interested, please e-mail me at:

d v d k l t z at g m a i l . c o m
Attached Images      

Last edited by Mawgie; 05-05-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 263 Posts

Wow! That is a great deal. GLWTS.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Thanks chsu74.
Nice aero!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Have you considered a four post lift? Not sure if you have the height in your garage but if you do it can free up at least one or possibly two spots in the garage.

Bummer that you have to let it go.

Good luck either way.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

MarineBlue-

Thanks very much for the thought.
I have enough height for a lift, but am not sure I want to deal with the up/down/move 'em around hassle to get the one of fourcars out that I want to drive............

I don't have to sell it, so we'll see.

Thanks-David
Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 200 Posts

GLWS
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chsu74
Wow! That is a great deal. GLWTS.
Do you really think that is a good deal? That is great news for me..cause I was thinking of selling my 02 996 C2 as well. Good to know and don't mean to hijack.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Mawgie
Instructor

I'd appreciate knowledgeable feedback regarding my asking price, especially from folks who have recently bought or sold one similar to mine.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Do you really think that is a good deal? That is great news for me..cause I was thinking of selling my 02 996 C2 as well. Good to know and don't mean to hijack.
28K mile engine on a 39K mile chassis with all the records for $29K. Below for reference on a similar sold a few months ago.

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...a-2-in-nj.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/8383340-post10.html
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Car Price

Originally Posted by Mawgie
I'd appreciate knowledgeable feedback regarding my asking price, especially from folks who have recently bought or sold one similar to mine.
Whenever you post a price for a car, there is always the chance someone will question the number. My recent experience includes the sale of my 2006 Carrera S CAB 39K miles MSRP $104,000 sold for $49,000 in 03/10; Purchase 2009 Carrera S Coupe NEW MSRP $96,000, Paid $84,000 11/09; Sold 2009 Carrera S Coupe 6K miles for $78,000; Purchased 2003 Turbo $125,000 MSRP plus $12,000 Aero and GIAC Flash etc 21K miles Paid $49,000 02/11. I am taking a break now from all of the madness!

You may want to have a ding repair person take out any door dings as that is a major issue. New Reman Engine a big plus no doubt! These days that can run $15,000 for engine and install! I would not want to suggest a number as others might so I am just providing information about sales I have had. Best of luck!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Mawgie
Instructor

Thanks. There are NO door dings. One on the frunk, and a small one on the A pillar. Both much less than the size of a dime, and not easy to see.

Original post edited to clear this up.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Mawgie
Instructor

chsu74-

Thanks for the links to the one that sold for 32k.
I think I am priced about right.

I put it on cars.com yesterday, as well as CL.

Should I also advertise on autotrader.com?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mawgie
chsu74-

Thanks for the links to the one that sold for 32k.
I think I am priced about right.

I put it on cars.com yesterday, as well as CL.

Should I also advertise on autotrader.com?
I don't want to comment about pricing as I am just quoting from the sale threads seen on this forum. Your competition would be '05 997 cars that are for sale because of your low mileage. If I am in the market today, low mileage 996 or higher mileage 997 is what I would be looking at with that budget (+- $5K) IMHO.

6 speed would also be a good free advertising platform to market your car.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful example. Best of luck with the sale.

Could you share the cost on powercoating the rims? I imagine that would be a more durable finish than the factory paint.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Powdercoating was 1000, fully stripped inside and out to bare metal, then coated and heat cured.

I used www.customultracoat.com in Utica, NY. Locally very well known for custom motorcycle and motorsports work.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 2002 Porsche Carrera Coupe, 6 speed