For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS - 1998 993 3.6 motor and G50 transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:50 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS - 1998 993 3.6 motor and G50 transmission

I am modifying my 1998 993 for PCA events and will be installing a special build engine and Motorsports transmission for the purpose. As a result, I have for sale the original 1998 powertrain currently installed in the car (100k miles). This is the last production year for the air cooled engines. I purchased the car one year ago, and have available the PPI done prior to the sale. The PPI was performed by Kelly Moss Motorsports in Madison, Wisconsin. Leakdowns on the motor were in the 6-8% range. The only major issue found was that the plug wires were in need of replacement. That work was performed at that time ($1100).

The engine is reliable and runs strong. Current oil consumption is approximately 1500 miles per quart. The car participated in (2) autocrosses last year and has never seen any track time. I have full records on the powertrain from approximately 50k miles forward. Records prior to that time should be available from Porsche since the car would have been on warranty prior to 50k miles.

The transmission is a stock G50/20 and is in good condition. No leaks or other issues. All synchros work well. Recent lube service.

The power train includes a lightweight flywheel and RS clutch assembly installed 15k miles ago.

The powertrain is currently installed in the car and can be driven before purchasing. The package includes the engine, fuel injection system, transmission, and clutch/flywheel. Not included are the exhaust system, heater piping or the EMU. $11,000 plus shipping. I will consider splitting the engine and transmission.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS - 1998 993 3.6 motor and G50 transmission