For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 996 3rd Radiator Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 PM
oneyedjack
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 996 3rd Radiator Kit

Complete center radiator kit purchased from Suncoast Porsche. Includes everything to retrofit to a 996. This will NOT fit a GT3, turbo/GT2, or C4S (or 40th Anniversary) models without the purchase of additional parts.

I never installed it and when I got around to it this last winter I found out it did not fit. Its brand new in an open Suncoast box. Asking $400 plus shipping. Could possibly arrange a local pickup in the Carolinas.

Link to the actual product:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...96WaterCooling
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by oneyedjack
...This will NOT fit a 40th Anniversary...
Thats Because 40th AE already comes with one... any 996 with X51 Option has the 3rd Center Rad installed from Factory...

Seeing from your Avatar you have a 40th? Your car already has one, because you have X51 Power Package
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
oneyedjack
Advanced

Negative. The 40th Anniversary cars do not come with the 3rd radiator.

They do, however, come with the turbo style bumper AND LARGER (ie turbo) side radiators as a result. I stopped even trying to make this work after I realized the car had larger side radiators. This is also true of C4S models.

Thanks for playing.

Originally Posted by Zookie
Thats Because 40th AE already comes with one... any 996 with X51 Option has the 3rd Center Rad installed from Factory...

Seeing from your Avatar you have a 40th? Your car already has one, because you have X51 Power Package
Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by oneyedjack
Negative. The 40th Anniversary cars do not come with the 3rd radiator.
X51 Carrera Power Kit 345 HP Includes modified cylinder heads, camshafts, exhaust manifolds, control unit, additional central water radiator, and aluminum intake manifold.

somebody took yours out and sold it...
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
oneyedjack
Advanced

Zookie,

I really hate being dragged into this discussion. However, I feel obligated because I feel you are implying I am somehow being dishonest with my ad. I simply bought this item about a year ago and have since decided not to install it.

1. Your are correct.....the X51 "power package" option came with the center radiator.
2. The 40th Anniversary edition came with an X-51 engine as STANDARD equipment.
3. The X-51 in the 40th Anniversary was NOT an OPTION nor was it part of the X51 "power package".
4. For whatever reason Porsche decided NOT to include the center radiator as part of this car. Just guessing I would say its most likely because of the use of the larger side radiators which was allowed by the fitment of the 'Turbo' bumper.
4 1/2 . As someone who apparently travels to both India and Kuwait I am surprised you believe everything you read......especially PCNA marketing flyers.
5. The item just sold....thankyou FLY996 for ending this madness. I should refund half your money

Last edited by oneyedjack; 04-22-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 996 3rd Radiator Kit