For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 2001 Ducati ST2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts
Default 2001 Ducati ST2

I am selling my 2001 Ducati ST2 as I never ride it. It is in like new condition with just over 9k mi. I bought this Duc in March of 2004 with 6300 mi from a dealer in San Diego. This bike is Ducati's Sport Touring model and features Ducati's 2 valve 944cc liquid cooled motor. It has integrated saddle bags that are easily removed. I added Fast By Ferracci titanium slip on exhaust cans, FBF chip, and BMC air filter with FBF retaining ring (open airbox). This bike sounds great with a nice deep throaty roar. It really has some nice low end torque. The factory exhaust cans (heavy), chip, and airbox cover are included. I also have the factory workshop manual. Title is in hand.

I am looking to get $4000. If you have any questions, feel free to PM.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images        
Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM
srm_993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beauty! I haven't ever seen one in blue. I had a red '99 ST2 - had to sell it, too - sad day. Good luck.

(For any others considering this bike, I'll say that - to me - it's about the equivalent of a BMW 3-series coupe...very nice handling, fun-to-ride bike that won't get you into wheelie/hooligan trouble. With the bags on, it's great for a weekend trip or a daily commute. With them off, it looks as sporty as you please, and the pipes will swing up a couple of inches for better cornering clearance...really! Accommodations for a passenger are much better than a 'zuki, but not as plush as a Gold Wing, of course.)

Wish I had $4G laying around...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by srm_993
Beauty! I haven't ever seen one in blue. I had a red '99 ST2 - had to sell it, too - sad day. Good luck.

(For any others considering this bike, I'll say that - to me - it's about the equivalent of a BMW 3-series coupe...very nice handling, fun-to-ride bike that won't get you into wheelie/hooligan trouble. With the bags on, it's great for a weekend trip or a daily commute. With them off, it looks as sporty as you please, and the pipes will swing up a couple of inches for better cornering clearance...really! Accommodations for a passenger are much better than a 'zuki, but not as plush as a Gold Wing, of course.)

Wish I had $4G laying around...
Thanks for kind words and great description of what a Ducati ST2 is all about. I do consider this bike a gentlemens Ducati.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
F451
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice and a good price.

My yellow ST2 had over 40k on the clock when I bought it. The previous owner had it into Ducati at about 35k to fix a problem with a tranny part. They had to remove a cylinder to access the part, so decide to remove both jugs to inspect.

Everything checked out, looked like new. New gaskets and seals and buttoned it up. It ran like a champ.

Lots of mods on mine. Super fun bike. I miss it.

Good luck with the sale. -Ed

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2001 Ducati ST2