Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Group European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:10 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts
Default Group European Delivery

I am doing a group European delivery of a 991.2 in July. (16 deliveries together with other people who are strangers - at least to me).

Has anybody done one of these and can share some experiences?

PCNA basically told me it is the standard ED but added activities such as walking tour in Leipzig and a group dinner at Porsche the night before. It sounds awesome.

This is my second ED with Porsche so I am very familiar with the standard ED package. I'm not sure how or why I was offered this opportunity but it seems cool.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:15 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you've done the regular ed before, I'd take this group delivery opportunity. It sounds great, and u can always ask each other questions. I took the factory tour, hotel pickup with 1 other family, but we did separate test drives, separate lunch tables, etc. What would the itinerary be?
Old 04-02-2017, 08:13 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS
Since you've done the regular ed before, I'd take this group delivery opportunity. It sounds great, and u can always ask each other questions. I took the factory tour, hotel pickup with 1 other family, but we did separate test drives, separate lunch tables, etc. What would the itinerary be?

Thanks. I'm already booked for the group delivery. I understand that the itinerary includes a group dinner at Porsche the night before the delivery and a walking tour of Leipzig in addition to the normal Porsche European delivery experince. I will post more once things are firmed up. I can't wait!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:05 AM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you get anything additional to a group walking tour in Leipzig? In my opinion, there's not much you can cover by walking and there's also not much going on in Leipzig, maybe they'll bring you over to the BMW plant about 10 minutes away by drive?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:02 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

I did this last year for my RS. They are trying to do more events like this to get more slots for ED. So much demand it is the only good way for them to add slots especially during popular times. Met some great folks, got laps in a loaner RS for the morning (along with a couple of laps drifting a Cayenne TT), factory tour, hotel for two nights, and two great dinners. I'd definitely do it again and Jamie at PCNA who organized it was great. (They also had a professional photog there, some of his photos are below.)

Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Ha!.... I saw this on facebook. Same picture.....but with people.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

That's it. Who's FB page?
Old 04-05-2017, 02:18 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
That's it. Who's FB page?

I'd rather not share that information. Not one of the owners though.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:25 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Thought it might have been Porsche or a dealer page.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default PCNA Group Euro Delivery

Originally Posted by signes
I did this last year for my RS. They are trying to do more events like this to get more slots for ED. So much demand it is the only good way for them to add slots especially during popular times. Met some great folks, got laps in a loaner RS for the morning (along with a couple of laps drifting a Cayenne TT), factory tour, hotel for two nights, and two great dinners. I'd definitely do it again and Jamie at PCNA who organized it was great.
Thanks for the information, and that Jamie Dillion at PCNA was the organizer. We are shooting for an early September delivery in Leipzig, which is a popular time. An email to Jamie may encourage her to organize a group for that time.

Best Regards, Type 2
Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

So I got the details emailed to me by PCNA. Here they are: I can't wait!

AGENDA

Wednesday, July 5:

Individual arrivals into Leipzig.

7:00 PM: Hosted Welcome Dinner at the hotel (optional).

Thursday, July 6:

10:00 AM: Walking History Tour of Leipzig, Germany (optional).

Tour provided through Treffpunkt Leipzig.

12:00 PM: Group Lunch in Leipzig City Center, hosted byPorsche (optional).

3:30 PM: Exclusive European Delivery Group Deliveryincluding Factory Tour, Dynamic Vehicle Instruction onthe track, and Delivery of your new Porsche.

8:00 PM: Group Dinner at Porsche Leipzig. Barbecue styledinner on the track with Leipzig Delivery staff.

9:30 PM: Group departure from Porsche Leipzig. Guests canchoose to either caravan from Porsche to the hotel, ortake the provided shuttle to the hotel. A return shuttleto Porsche will be provided the following morning ifnecessary.

PROGRAM DETAILS

There is no additional cost for participation in this event. Guestswill receive the following in addition to the normal European

Delivery Program inclusions:

ˇ Hotel accommodations for two nights at the Steigenberger
Grandhotel Handelshof.

ˇ Two dinners hosted by Porsche European Delivery.

ˇ A walking history tour of Leipzig, Germany.

ˇ Hotel parking for the evening of July 6.

Quick Reply: Group European Delivery