Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Tips on European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 AM
shneapfla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djantlive
Watch out for speeding cameras everywhere besides Germany.

Take a radar detector and bring some blue painters tape.
And make sure not to get caught, because those things are illegal in Germany (75€ fine), Switzerland (10.000 CHF = approx the same in USD fine + potential jail time) and Austria (up to 4.000€ fine).
The police can (and will) confiscate a radar detector and destroy it in all of those countries (even if you were not caught speeding).
Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my car today at Leipzig..here are my 2 cents.

1. They zip-tied the front license plate and put some sort of protection behind it to protect car.
2. The vignettes..try to get these in advance. I may have had bad luck..but heading into Czech Republic I had to wait 20 mins for the particular station I stopped at (last prior to border) to re-open. Hoping for better luck in Austria and Switzerland.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by philipatl

1. They zip-tied the front license plate and put some sort of protection behind it to protect car..
Did they install a holder that screws into the tow hook mount? I was thinking about bringing my own plate holder that screws into the tow hook mount, like this:

http://rhoplate.com/extender_n.html
Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not attached to the tow hook, no. Just zip tied on..

This is what they did for all the temporary front cars on the day I got delivery.

See this pic..
Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroboy
Did they install a holder that screws into the tow hook mount? I was thinking about bringing my own plate holder that screws into the tow hook mount, like this:

http://rhoplate.com/extender_n.html

I just got my ED form to fill out. Here is what it says:

Front License Plate: European Law requires a license plate be permanently fixed to the center of the front bumper. To comply, Porsche will install the front license plate bracket by drilling directly into the front bumper. * My Porsche will be registered in a U.S. state that does not require front plates, and am requesting the front license plate installed with a temporary bracket instead. NO YES (Initials required below) By initialing below, I acknowledge the European Law and accept full liability for temporary installation of the front plate. Initial:_____________

Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Feld
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts

Watch the construction zone speed limits in Germany, I was 6km over and received a fine once back in US.
Not much of a fine but a pain to pay since they don't do checks over there.

Quick Reply: Tips on European Delivery