Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

trip to stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are on vacation, don't go north to south ore vice versa using the autobahn. Many scenic routes going off autobahn. PM me once you know what cities you want to connect and I give you some ideas, including some less frequented unrestricted autobahn
Old 12-15-2017, 03:42 PM
petroldent
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never knew the ring becomes public road.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:35 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just drove through this week... Monday was a major headache in the Essen area due to snow/ice. The roads were a standstill. Dusseldorf was better.... clearly way south was fine....
Old 12-15-2017, 08:13 PM
na94
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call rentracecar.de. It is run by Heide and Theo, who are excellent ring ambassadors. They have also purchased a hotel 'Parc Ferme' and run the entire operation out of there now. Good rates on rental + accomodation packages. See if you can rent a car during a closed track day - otherwise there are a LOT of closures during tourist driving days, especially after noon as the yahoos show up. Serious drivers are there when the road opens im the morning. Look into skylimit events for track days. They are best priced. Rent4ring and others will operate at the same track day but charge you a LOT more. I was able to prearrange cash payment on site last time. If you do rent a car for a track day, insurance companies now mandate an instructor. See if you can get Chris or Wolfgang, both are solid. Last time I rented a GT86, and would do so again. The rear end is light so be cautious of lift throttle situations, especially on the high speed section after bergwerk. Safer to keep your foot in it. You won't ne passing much, even if they try and let you, but it is still fun and insurance is reasonable. Good luck!

Oh, and the ring is a very special place for people like us. I randomly ran into people I know there from Canada and the US. It must be some sort of disease.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:02 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by petroldent
Never knew the ring becomes public road.

It’s only a public road in the sense that it’s governed by the public road laws. It’s very much a race track. Traffic only flows in one direction. There are only two entrances to the track, and the second at Breidscheid isn’t much used. Plus, it’s a toll road, and you pay per lap. What I’m describing is known as touristenfahten. It’s only available from 5 to 7 PM on week days, and from 9 AM to 7 PM on _some_ weekends. When touristenfarhten is in effect, only legal road cars are allowed (ie: license plate required). No race cars during touristenfarhten.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:25 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

This was a good site to use for Dates when the Ring is open to the public: https://www.greenhelldriving.nuerburgring.de/#/landing

Looks like it's not updated for 2018 yet.

Best Regards,
Dave

Quick Reply: trip to stuttgart