Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Leipzig clear bra installer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:58 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by philipatl
On the paint protection install - I *think* I have the guys at Leipzig working with a shop prior to delivery - so on my delivery day, it'll already be installed. This seems like a good approach. Any others do that?
That's a cool idea. I may do the same not to waste time when it's redelivered. Whom are you working with and how?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:28 AM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
That's a cool idea. I may do the same not to waste time when it's redelivered. Whom are you working with and how?
Interested as well, please share info!
The following users liked this post:
lkngshrp (10-04-2020)
Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 AM
ylee911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the paint protection install - I *think* I have the guys at Leipzig working with a shop prior to delivery - so on my delivery day, it'll already be installed. This seems like a good approach. Any others do that?
Well, I would love to do that and save a day waiting for the PPF done. How did you arrange it to get done before the delivery? please share the info!!
Old 03-30-2017, 10:22 AM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the delay guys - I just worked with person assigned to me as the ED coordinator out of Atlanta. It seems they don't do it a lot, probably not a lot of requests (apparently they did a few 918's this way). But, yes they will have a 3rd party install clear bra prior to delivery. I was quoted about 1100 Euros to do front bumper, front hood and fenders on a Panamera.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:23 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the delay guys - I just worked with person assigned to me as the ED coordinator out of Atlanta. It seems they don't do it a lot, probably not a lot of requests (apparently they did a few 918's this way). But, yes they will have a 3rd party install clear bra prior to delivery. I was quoted about 1100 Euros to do front bumper, front hood and fenders on a Panamera.
Thanks! Do you know if they do any paint correction prior to install?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:23 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

You can email Creasigns directly, info on their site. I don't believe they do any correction prior to installing.

There were a few people who tried to do this in advance of a group delivery event and the people at the factory weren't happy, mostly because I think they weren't expecting it and the installer was trying to find a suitable place at the factory to do the work. I don't believe anybody on my trip was successful, but maybe they have started to make accommodations for it. The ED folks in Atlanta should also be contacted about it in advance.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:52 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
You can email Creasigns directly, info on their site. I don't believe they do any correction prior to installing.

There were a few people who tried to do this in advance of a group delivery event and the people at the factory weren't happy, mostly because I think they weren't expecting it and the installer was trying to find a suitable place at the factory to do the work. I don't believe anybody on my trip was successful, but maybe they have started to make accommodations for it. The ED folks in Atlanta should also be contacted about it in advance.
I see. I'll probably not worry about it then and will get everything sorted this side of the ocean. This way I can get paint correction, if needed, and go back to the installer if there are any issues.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted my PMNA euro delivery person about having it done beforehand at the factory and she's is working on it. Will update when I have confirmation.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:10 PM
philipatl
Instructor

So, I pickup my Panamera tomorrow and it's supposed to have 3M Ventureshield installed. I'll update you guys as I receive the car on process and quality.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:09 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Car picked up at Leipzig with the install completed. IMO a very good job of install, installing a pillers, hood, fenders, bumper and the mirrors. They simply installed the protection over the factory paint (no paint correction). As I'm going to put over 1k miles in Europe - seems like a good thing to do.

So, the process I followed was..

1. contact your ED coordinator
2. the ED coordinator will work with the factory
3. Factory gets installer to install the stuff
4. You pay at the merchandise/gift shop
5. You are on your way the day of delivery with the car protected!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also found that porsche will arrange to have this done prior to the pickup! I've arranged this and will cancel my appointment creasigns. Even if I don't my deposit back, saving an entire day of running around is worth it.

Pick up is monday the 8th!
Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
I also found that porsche will arrange to have this done prior to the pickup! I've arranged this and will cancel my appointment creasigns. Even if I don't my deposit back, saving an entire day of running around is worth it.

Pick up is monday the 8th!
Do you mind sharing how much you were quoted?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:08 PM
mattkm
3rd Gear

guys i'm new to this forum. signed up because i was searching how to install PPF on my new order with european delivery. very useful info. talking to my rep at dealer to get me connected to ED coordinator and get PPF installed. i ordered 991.2 gt3!!!! btw the european delivery for this order my dealer told me that i will be charged $3800 for insurance and etc which porsche passes it onto the dealer. obvisously they don't want to give any discount on msrp of the car. do you guys think this is fair??
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattkm
guys i'm new to this forum. signed up because i was searching how to install PPF on my new order with european delivery. very useful info. talking to my rep at dealer to get me connected to ED coordinator and get PPF installed. i ordered 991.2 gt3!!!! btw the european delivery for this order my dealer told me that i will be charged $3800 for insurance and etc which porsche passes it onto the dealer. obvisously they don't want to give any discount on msrp of the car. do you guys think this is fair??
The option is zero cost to the customer. The dealer will be charged $2995 on the back end but they get an extra allocation (non-GT) to sell, so it is a win win for them.

The program includes 16 days of ins/reg, so unless you are staying longer you would not pay for additional insurance. If you are staying longer, you pay Porsche AG directly for that at the time of your delivery.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:44 AM
mattkm
3rd Gear

thanks so much. now i need to figure out ppf on the car. i'm thinking to return the car in france but knowing the ****ty attitude of french people im concerned about my car safety....any suggestions guys?

Quick Reply: Leipzig clear bra installer