Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you go to Spain, that won’t work well. Alpine passes closed, you need winter tires, race tracks closed (except Spain), Germany tends to be rainy and cold, if you are lucky it snows which is a great atmosphere for the Christmas markets. Most enthusiasts here put there cars away November to February.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Ascari and Mugella until the Ring and Spa open.
I declined snow tires.

Fingers crossed.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:12 PM
sting168
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sven76
Unless you go to Spain, that won’t work well. Alpine passes closed, you need winter tires, race tracks closed (except Spain), Germany tends to be rainy and cold, if you are lucky it snows which is a great atmosphere for the Christmas markets. Most enthusiasts here put there cars away November to February.
Thanks. Is early November pretty much the same?
Old 10-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Sven76
Pro

There is risk of snow and ice, most people change to winter tires right now. Alps is off. Mainland Germany can be ok, but November is the most fugly month here, 8°C and rain more often than not. October can (and actually is right now) quite nice. In November, Spa still has a few trackdays, Nordschleife none and just 7 tourist days. I wouldn’t plan any car related activity in Germany and neighbouring countries in November.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:59 PM
sting168
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is risk of snow and ice, most people change to winter tires right now. Alps is off. Mainland Germany can be ok, but November is the most fugly month here, 8°C and rain more often than not. October can (and actually is right now) quite nice. In November, Spa still has a few trackdays, Nordschleife none and just 7 tourist days. I wouldn’t plan any car related activity in Germany and neighbouring countries in November.
Great information. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:58 AM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the information. How does late March look for the Alpine passes, in particular, Gotthard?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:03 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,173 Likes on 592 Posts

I picked up my BMW M3 in munich on October 5th a few years back and the weather was absolute perfection. It was also the last week of Oktoberfest.... I'm convinced that end of sept to first week of October is the ideal time to pick up in Germany.... which is why I"m going to try for a 992 delivery next september.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Sven76
Pro

I am certainly not the expert for alpine passes, but end of March sounds way too optimistic. Gotthard opened 25 May 2018, previous year it was 21 May. March is actually the best time for skiing in the Alps, though it often feels like spring outside the ski resorts.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:03 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

I always try to plan my EDs for September through mid October depending upon my schedule. last year there was snow in September on Grossglockener, but it was cleared and not a problem for driving. However, unless picking up an Cayenne or Panamera, I would not plan on anything past October as the activities I find enjoyable in a 911 are limited.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:45 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I am certainly not the expert for alpine passes, but end of March sounds way too optimistic. Gotthard opened 25 May 2018, previous year it was 21 May. March is actually the best time for skiing in the Alps, though it often feels like spring outside the ski resorts.
This is good to know. It appears as if we'll be driving the tunnels. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:31 PM
Nick Glova
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great thread to read. Hopefully I am fortunate enough one day to do this.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Mrdi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in Europe are the Macans delivered?
Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrdi
Where in Europe are the Macans delivered?
The Macans are built in Leipzig. That is where they would normally be delivered, but you can opt to take delivery at the Zuffenhausen plant in Suttgart.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Inigo Montoya
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, I didn't see the question asked. Does Euro Delivery cost the selling dealer more money? I know it's more work but with BMW for example, the registration and insurance is covered by BMW. If you opt for euro delivery, there will be an additional charge for 2 weeks insurance, european registration, one night hotel, etc. Does this come out of Porsche pocket or dealer? I am asking because I have a dealer that has a agreed to a small discount on a Cayman and wondering if I tick the Euro Delivery button if that will affect their bottom line, other than a few more steps to set it up. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:43 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Sorry if I missed it in the thread, I didn't see the question asked. Does Euro Delivery cost the selling dealer more money? I know it's more work but with BMW for example, the registration and insurance is covered by BMW. If you opt for euro delivery, there will be an additional charge for 2 weeks insurance, european registration, one night hotel, etc. Does this come out of Porsche pocket or dealer? I am asking because I have a dealer that has a agreed to a small discount on a Cayman and wondering if I tick the Euro Delivery button if that will affect their bottom line, other than a few more steps to set it up. Thank you.
Yes, it costs the dealer approx $3,000, paid by the dealer as directed by Porsche. However, they are granted an additional allocation to help offset this cost.

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche