Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Switching to US Maps

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:08 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Switching to US Maps

Picked up my Spyder in Houston after doing European delivery. Notice I only have access to European maps still. I don't see any options to switch to US maps. I assume this has to be loaded by the dealer? I am also showing an error for the sat radio which I assume is related. The sat radio keeps loosing connection also.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:37 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 08-09-2016, 09:19 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Your dealer has to set up. Mine did it with PWIS and just deselected ED maps and selected US maps. It's simple.

Since they screwed up that, check to make sure that your shipping spacers in your front suspension have been removed. ED return cars are not always treated with the normal inspection and they left my spacers in. I went for a whole year until I found them during an oil change. Seal on shocks had to be replaced.

See this thread I posted on planet-9 with pictures. http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-a...uspension.html
Old 08-09-2016, 12:23 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I figured it out. There is a command in the settings allowing to reboot the system. Once you start it than gives you the option of US or European maps. Took less than a minute to do. Now I have US maps working fine. But it did not fix the Sat radio. Still have a Sat radio antenna error. I also found a very small ding that I almost missed which was not there. Luckily I had the inspection report and I had taken pictures of all the body panels which showed it was not there when I dropped it off. Going to the dealer tomorrow to have it repaired. Small enough that their dent remover guy can take it out. A very small indentation in the rear quarter panel.

Quick Reply: Switching to US Maps