Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Stuttgart XPEL Installer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo
Just found out from the Xpel German rep that SchwabenFolia Gmbh is no longer the preferred installer at the Stuttgart area. Supposedly Formel D is now the go to place at Stuttgart area. No experience with them yet. Waiting for a quote from them...
Originally Posted by C5driver

Any word?
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I sent an email to Schabenfolia, haven’t had a reply but I’m not in a hurry.
Picking up the car March 29.

is Formel D better, how far from the factory?

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo
Schabenfolia is no longer the official Xpel installer. That’s what the rep told me back in Oct.

Now that Porsche is offering factory wrap on the 992, I suspect Formel D is their installer. German Xpel rep recommended them to me. But I never got around to commit to have Formel D work on my car last month. So I can’t comment on how they are. They were responsive to my queries though.

Doesnt hurt to to ask them.

Way back in Sept I dropped off my car at Schwaben-Folia to get my Carrera T PPF'd. I am glad that I got some protection while I was over there as I drove my T over many alpine passes, autobahn, ring etc. However, now that I have my car back in my hands and having detailed it in my garage the last two nights, I have to say that the PPF job they did on my car was poor and I would have never accepted it if it had been done where I live. The cuts are acceptable but there are many imperfections, weird marks, lines in the film, and even a small polyester looking fiber between the paint and film low on the front fender. Very strange as they had several high end Porsche's in there when I dropped it off. I know they're capable of doing better but I feel that since I was just an American tourist and would probably never come back to them, that they didn't spend the time and effort on my car that they should have. Hopefully this Formel D place does a better job for those who do ED.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Thanks Randy, I don't so much mind a blow and go slap on job as long as it is priced accordingly and I will redo the car when it gets home.
On the other hand, if I give them 2-3 days and 5-6K it better be as good as the locals here do it.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks Randy, I don't so much mind a blow and go slap on job as long as it is priced accordingly and I will redo the car when it gets home.
On the other hand, if I give them 2-3 days and 5-6K it better be as good as the locals here do it.
IIRC it was something like $1800-2K. To get that price I had to give them my biz tax ID so they could classify it as a service and not a product. Otherwise it would cost something like 90% more. German law I suppose, VAT or something like that.

I also emailed Jamie at PCNA about my experience with them.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wondering if anyone had updated info about Xpel installer in Stuttgart? Schabenfolia is listed for Stuttgart. Doing ED in late April.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:09 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Vadaredevil
Wondering if anyone had updated info about Xpel installer in Stuttgart? Schabenfolia is listed for Stuttgart. Doing ED in late April.
I'll be doing mine in early April, so tagged and also actively doing research. I'll post what I find, if no one chimes in.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:21 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL

In Stuttgart we recommend Formel K, they are based in Renningen and do all the fleet cars for Porsche. The contact Person would be Lars Berger (lars.berger@formeld.com). They also have the option to pick up the car at the facility with a closed trailer.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:24 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by XPEL
In Stuttgart we recommend Formel K, they are based in Renningen and do all the fleet cars for Porsche. The contact Person would be Lars Berger (lars.berger@formeld.com). They also have the option to pick up the car at the facility with a closed trailer.
Wish i had known about this prior to my ED. You should tell Jamie at PCNA.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XPEL
It's hard as hell to get a hold of anyone at Formel D or Schwabenfolio, for that matter.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess they don’t need our dirty American dollars?
Old 01-18-2019, 01:15 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

I guess they don’t need our dirty American dollars?
Apparently not. I called Xpel yesterday and they said I'd get a call back by EOD. Nothing. Formel finally replied and said their schedule is full and basically...good luck.

This is awesome.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’ve found an ace XPEL installer locally in FL and will redo the car once it’s home in extra thick XPEL track protection wrap.
Super impressive stuff.

For now the race shop in Germany near the Ring will throw on a quick precut kit to get me home..
Old 10-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Rennphile
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up my GT3 Touring in September and used ACTIV WERBETECHNIK GmbH near Stuttgart for XPEL clear bra installation. I was impressed with their service and the quality of their work.

They were also very flexible with scheduling (I dropped the car off late in the evening and collected it on a Saturday afternoon).
The following users liked this post:
tourenwagen (11-08-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 749 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennphile
I picked up my GT3 Touring in September and used ACTIV WERBETECHNIK GmbH near Stuttgart for XPEL clear bra installation. I was impressed with their service and the quality of their work.

They were also very flexible with scheduling (I dropped the car off late in the evening and collected it on a Saturday afternoon).
Mind sharing costs?
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucifer:
ackrepps (11-11-2022), ron4sc (11-07-2022)
Old 02-14-2023, 06:42 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 244 Posts

Bumping this thread.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:43 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 935 Likes on 563 Posts

I think factory PPF is stop sale ATM... Seen it posted in the GT3 forum.

Quick Reply: Stuttgart XPEL Installer