Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Usual production delays? V260 delayed

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
chrispe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Usual production delays? V260 delayed

Hi folks,

as I had never ordered a new Porsche vehicle, what is the normal/usual delay from planned V260 to actual V260?
My 718 was supposed to be V260 on 7/9 but still hasnt started yet, so just wanting to see if there is a typical delay or this might be an issue?

Cheers, Chris

Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 382 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispe
Hi folks,

as I had never ordered a new Porsche vehicle, what is the normal/usual delay from planned V260 to actual V260?
My 718 was supposed to be V260 on 7/9 but still hasnt started yet, so just wanting to see if there is a typical delay or this might be an issue?

Cheers, Chris

You are like 3 days after. The delay could be any of the following:
  1. The car has started production, but the tool has not been updated. Check next Monday/Tuesday.
  2. The date itself is not a 100% accurate date/guarantee. There can be a slight delay due to a variety of mostly logistical reasons.
  3. Some specific components of an order may be backordered which can lead to a longer delay for certain cars. E.g., the ordered lights or the LW bucket seats have had bottlenecks in the past.
  4. If you have Euro Delivery (to make it relevant to this forum), they often schedule your build to not complete too early to avoid having to store the car.
Best is to wait and read Rennlist and watch YT videos of your car and not worry too much about the dates.
The following users liked this post:
NA4.0 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
chrispe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Mike, indeed this is ED for 9/27 hand over.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
You are like 3 days after. The delay could be any of the following:
  1. The car has started production, but the tool has not been updated. Check next Monday/Tuesday.
  2. The date itself is not a 100% accurate date/guarantee. There can be a slight delay due to a variety of mostly logistical reasons.
  3. Some specific components of an order may be backordered which can lead to a longer delay for certain cars. E.g., the ordered lights or the LW bucket seats have had bottlenecks in the past.
  4. If you have Euro Delivery (to make it relevant to this forum), they often schedule your build to not complete too early to avoid having to store the car.
Best is to wait and read Rennlist and watch YT videos of your car and not worry too much about the dates.
I was wondering about #4 myself but you're the first one to actually have experience with this. My manfucaturing start date was supposed to be 7/7 but nothing has actually happened yet (seemingly). I am still waiting on ED confirmation for November, so wondering if this means that my scheduling will be delayed accordingly.

On another note, can someone confirm that these are the codes we should be looking for?

Quick Reply: Usual production delays? V260 delayed