Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Driving Experience - Atlanta

Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Christian Stark
User

Default Driving Experience - Atlanta

My lovely wife got me a gift certificate for the Porsche Driving Experience just before I purchased my 997 C4S. I am wanting to schedule my experience, and was thinking the Turbo vs. GT3 experience would be a blast, but I wanted to ask here if I should instead consider one of the lower priced experiences, and doing it twice?

Any advice you may give?
Old 03-19-2019, 01:05 AM
pittspilot
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did the Carrera T manual experience and it was fantastic. Car felt right at home. I wondered if the gt3 or TT would be too much for that track. Probably not, but the T was just a blast. I just did an LA experience. This time in a manual S. Awesome also.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 AM
Monetthecat
User

I did the 1 hour session last year in a 991.2 GTS. As Pittspilot says the track is narrow and very technical. It’s almost more an Autocross circuit than a actual track

I think a Turbo might be too much and even a GT3 would be overkill. However, between the 2 I’d go with the GT3 as you can work on your technical skills

Old 03-19-2019, 10:26 PM
pittspilot
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to add to the above, I think it really depends on your skill level. To really push a GT3 on the handling track would really tax my skill level because there is no runoff and not much room for even a small error at the speed I think a GT3 could generate. Meanwhile i think the T is going to be a little slower although by no means slow, or not fun. I honestly felt like I could spend many hours in the T on that track just learning new things about the car.

Also, if this figures into it, when I was at the LA experience, the instructor told me that he had a hard time choosing between the T or the GT3 for that track which is longer and more forgiving, although not a lot.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:37 AM
doctorold
User

Having just completed two different sessions yesterday in Atlanta I have an opinion. If I were you, I would get a session with the same model (level) car you bought. I saw numerous people driving very high end cars and it seemed they couldn't handle the power or were scared to death of it. I also wouldn't split one session into two cars. It's 90 minutes and you'll be surprised how fast that goes. Getting used to one car in that time period is enough. Frankly, it's more fun to push the lesser powered cars around the track and the different modules. Launch control in the dynamics area is the only thing that the higher HP cars will really be superior. The one other recommendation I would have is to be coachable. Really follow the instructions and you can have a blast.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:36 PM
2016 gt3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Christian Stark View Post
My lovely wife got me a gift certificate for the Porsche Driving Experience just before I purchased my 997 C4S. I am wanting to schedule my experience, and was thinking the Turbo vs. GT3 experience would be a blast, but I wanted to ask here if I should instead consider one of the lower priced experiences, and doing it twice?

Any advice you may give?
I did the comparison of the GT3 and the Turbo, it was a real hoot. As you can imagine the two cars are really different which became apparent especially on the track. The main reason I chose those two was I had bot a GT3 and had never driven a turbo so I was curious if I had made the correct choice and by the end of the drive I knew I had ,so it was really worthwhile. The truth of the matter is you can't go wrong with any of the choices its so much fun and heck you might find you want to come back and try some other cars at a later date,you'll have a blast for sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: