Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Swiss vignette

Old 02-06-2019, 03:02 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Swiss vignette

After taking delivery on 03/29, we'll be heading South to Italy.

In checking around, we have the option of buying the Swiss vignettes by mail or at the border. Has anyone had any experience with these toll passes and advice? I'd rather not pay $25 to have them mailed!

Is it possible to buy them in Stuttgart?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:09 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

You can buy them at gas stations as you get closer to the border. Do not wait till you're on the freeway in CH, that's too late and can (will) cost you.

DO NOT SPEED IN SWITZERLAND!!!! 120kph means 120kph and not 1kph over.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:13 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

They start to sell them at around 30kms from the border, most bigger freeway gas stations (Raststation) will carry them.

Same goes for Austria if you want to go there but you can buy those online 2 weeks in advance IIRC
Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You can also buy them in advance and have them mailed to you at https://www.tolltickets.com/en/

I'll echo "DON'T SPEED IN SWITZERLAND". I set the cruise control 2kpm below the limit to be safe
Old 02-07-2019, 02:58 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

^whs.
I highly recommend buying in advance if you have time.
They were very quick to deliver.

Also, follow mounting proper instructions!
They are VERY fussy regarding location and method.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
You can buy them at gas stations as you get closer to the border. Do not wait till you're on the freeway in CH, that's too late and can (will) cost you.

DO NOT SPEED IN SWITZERLAND!!!! 120kph means 120kph and not 1kph over.
Understood and thank you!

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
They start to sell them at around 30kms from the border, most bigger freeway gas stations (Raststation) will carry them.
Perfect!

Originally Posted by Monetthecat
You can also buy them in advance and have them mailed to you at https://www.tolltickets.com/en/

I'll echo "DON'T SPEED IN SWITZERLAND". I set the cruise control 2kpm below the limit to be safe
Appreciate the information! I have an inquiry as to their shipping charges to the US.

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^whs.
I highly recommend buying in advance if you have time.
They were very quick to deliver.

Also, follow mounting proper instructions!
They are VERY fussy regarding location and method.
Got it!
Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 PM
motomurr
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

I was in Europe last April and purchased one at the Swiss border. VERY important that you do this because on the day that I entered Switzerland in my ED 911, just around the corner from Immigration Control, three teams of Swiss authorities were giving out fines of 200 Swiss francs for any car entering Switzerland not DISPLAYING AFFIXED TO THE WINDSHIELD a vignette. So offenders were hit with the fine AND the cost of the vignette.

Bottom line, no need to get this by mail. There should be a place to buy one a matter of meters just before you enter Switzerland.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Richard S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

I just returned from our trip to Europe, and have an extra 2019 Swiss vignette. Turned out that my rental car already had one on the windshield. So if anyone is driving thru Switzerland this year and needs a vignette, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail it to you for no charge. Will save you about $40 and the hassle of purchasing near the border.

Edit 6/30/19- vignette has been claimed and on its way to Chad in Illinois.

Rich

Last edited by Richard S; 06-30-2019 at 10:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (07-06-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 04:24 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

I will say this. Old thread but advice is always good

ADAC locations in Germany will sell Austrian ,Swiss and CZ vignette. If you don't plan on using on using the motorways you don't need for secondary roads in Austria or CH. You can purchase the CH sticker at any CH border crossing on a motorway or a gas station before the border. They accept EUR and Creditcards at the swiss border. What you do need to watch out for in Austria is some secondary roads will turn into a motorway for a VERY short distance that will require the vignette but there will be an exit before hand. Set your GPS to avoid tolls and it will keep you away from them. It's a bummer the Swiss don't offer a 10 day one like Austria does.

https://www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/en/home...vignette-.html
Old 07-13-2019, 06:05 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

And once you are done with the vignette, I recommend heating it up with a hairdryer for a couple of minutes before removing it slowly while still blowing hot air. I’ve found that’s the fastest and cleanest way to remove them.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:40 PM
ste1999
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just adding another comment for others going to CH. While it’s legal to drive there without a vignette off the autoroutes, it can be very easy to enter a toll stretch of single carriageway road by mistake. We drove across the eastern part of the country a few weeks ago and found they were improving the single carriageway road we were using and the improved (by bypassing villages) parts were classed as vignette routes even though single carriageway. Easy not to notice. Yes there are green toll route signs and an exit route before the toll stretches but they are a trap for any but the very switched on foreign/unfamiliar driver. Satnav we were using was unhelpful, the changes were recent and not in the database

Steve
Old 09-14-2019, 09:06 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks for the information! Headed over for ED in October. I ordered both the Swiss and Austrian vignettes online per the link above and had them delivered to my home in the US. Worked like a charm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swiss vignette