Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Proper Wash in Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 05:23 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Proper Wash in Stuttgart

My new 3RS is dirty as in proper roll around in the mud dirty, after going thru the Black Forest during a snowy day. I need a proper wash before returning the car to factory. I don’t want them to apply the protective film for transport on to the dirty paint.

I dont mind paying for a proper wash to minimize the swirl marks. Can anyone suggest a place in Stuttgart?

Appreciated,

Old 11-22-2018, 05:49 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Any suggestions on places that I can do a quick power wash by myself is better than machine wash. Because I don’t know if the machine wash can anticipate the big wing for the GT3RS.

Appreciated.

Chuck
Old 11-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Called the delivery center. They won’t wash or clean the car for you. They do ask that you drop off the car after a clean or wash so they can inspect the car easier.

We looked up google for a car wash and found a few self wash places. They have power wash with foaming capability. Even their brush is pretty soft to the touch.

When i I was checking out the facility, a guy pulled up in a GTS and started washing it with the brush. Definitely not a wash that Obsessed Garage would approve. But definitely felt better being able to wash and rinse off the dirt and grime from the snow storm.

clean park Stuttgart Westbahnhof
Unter dem Birkenkopf 36, 70197 Stuttgart, Germany
+49 162 3131136
https://goo.gl/maps/fd7EhXpXBaM2

Hope this helps the guys looking for the same information. I didn’t find any information on the forum about where to get your car cleaned before drop off.

Old 11-23-2018, 12:58 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

I used a self wash place near there. You car is hardly that dirty so you should be in great shape. And they don't apply protective film to ED cars, just rolls on and off the boat as you've dropped it off. You want to see dirty go see it at your dealer when it. Ones off the truck!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Use the dealer across from the museum

Before dropping my car at the shipper in Sindelfingen during the ED closure in 2017, I called dealer across from the museum about getting my car washed while I toured the museum and factory. Dropped it off around 9 and picked it up at 4. When I asked where to pay I was told there was no charge for a courtesy wash.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:57 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

My RS was absolutely filthy when I dropped in off in late September. It was covered in tire rubber from Spa and massive quantities of dead bugs from 150mph+ Autobahn runs. I didn't get it washed prior to shipping and it returned just as filthy as I remember it. The shipper asked the dealer if my RS was a Porsche Test Car because it was covered in so much tire rubber.

Funny story; when dropping my car off at Sindelfingen, obviously my car was filthy. There were several other 3RSs and even a few 2RSs- these were also quite dirty from being obviously driven hard during delivery. However, the numerous other 911s (base models) there all looked like they were spit shined and waxed! I found it interesting that those of us who picked up RSs were not interested in how clean the cars were.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:24 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

There is a place called Mr. Wash in Suttgart, its about 3 km from the Porsche Museum.

https://www.mrwash.de/standort/stuttgart-feuerbach

I recall driving by it, looked pretty impressive.

Quick Reply: Proper Wash in Stuttgart