Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Months in Advance for ED

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:08 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts
Default Months in Advance for ED

How many months in advance do you have to request ED?

I had a GT3 that is being built in October. I got the allocation about a month ago. Rep said ED not possible, it's too soon to build date.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:43 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Agree with your rep. I'd call or email European delivery at Porsche asap. Contact european.delivery@porsche.us for more information.

I've done two EDs. One was scheduled 12 weeks in advance. The other was 6 months in advance. They have a lot to do to set it up. Tours, hotel reservations, slots at the factory etc.

Good luck but I don't see this happening unless you ask them to hold the car at the factory until they have time to set it up.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:37 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Agree with your rep. I'd call or email European delivery at Porsche asap. Contact european.delivery@porsche.us for more information.

I've done two EDs. One was scheduled 12 weeks in advance. The other was 6 months in advance. They have a lot to do to set it up. Tours, hotel reservations, slots at the factory etc.

Good luck but I don't see this happening unless you ask them to hold the car at the factory until they have time to set it up.
Thanks for the info.

I'm not going to bother trying to arrange for the GT3 as I likely can't make it in October anyway. Was just curious.

Interesting that you mentioned holding car at factory. Guess they do that, I saw a couple posts in the 991 GT3 section yesterday where it seemed like that was done for numerous months. However it'll be winter anyway so that won't work, I'm sure they wouldn't hold from October to Spring

Shame but here's hoping next time.

Quick Reply: Months in Advance for ED