Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED at Zuffenhausen Oct 23rd - Ring on the 26th

Old 09-19-2018, 11:41 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 105 Posts
Default ED at Zuffenhausen Oct 23rd - Ring on the 26th

While I haven’t yet booked my flights (long story involving potentially including a work trip on one end or the other), all is locked in for ED of my 911 GTS in a touch more than a month from now. I only have a couple of days in the vicinity of Stuttgart as I’m booked for a track day at the Ring with RSRNurburg on the 26th. First time at the Ring, so renting one of their cars and will have an instructor out the whole day with me. Saturday there’s a race there to watch and then Sun through Tues it’s open for “tourist” days. Depending on how confident I feel after Friday, I’m hoping to take the new toy out for some of those too.

As I’m headed there solo, I will have a lot of freedom to explore the area around and between Stuttgart and Nurburg prior to Thursday night... placing a heavy emphasis on fun roads. I’ve been reading through this forum and have gotten quite a few ideas, but figured I would post in case anyone will be out there at the same time. If anyone has any tips on must drive roads, I’d really appreciate it.

Side note, this has escalated quickly... bought my first p car ~4 years ago, a used 06 Cayman S. Traded it and my daily R32 for a Macan S 3 years ago but am missing having a track toy. Was planning on a Cayman GTS when I put my deposit down for a build slot, but figured I *might* put the kids in the back some day.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

I'll be at the Ring at least Friday to Sunday. I'm driving the race on Saturday.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:43 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Well, as I’m planning on watching that race, your cheering section just went up by one!!

Let me know your car and # when you have a moment so I know who to look for.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

#60 Black BMW M3 E46 with white bonnet.

If you like we can do follow me's on Sunday.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Sunday sounds like a plan. I’ve watched so many videos of people crashing at the Ring, I’m unreasonably nervous about it at this point and really don’t want to be the guy who puts it shiny side down during a euro delivery trip. (thus the RSR outing with instructor on Friday as my first outing there)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:07 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by CT_Peter
Sunday sounds like a plan. I’ve watched so many videos of people crashing at the Ring, I’m unreasonably nervous about it at this point and really don’t want to be the guy who puts it shiny side down during a euro delivery trip. (thus the RSR outing with instructor on Friday as my first outing there)
The Do-Not-Crash-Car-Plan is a good one
Old 09-28-2018, 07:29 PM
HoffR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm taking delivery myself on 10/23 too So looking forward to this.

Trending Topics

Old 09-28-2018, 07:36 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

That’s great! I look forward to meeting you there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ED at Zuffenhausen Oct 23rd - Ring on the 26th