Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center (https://rennlist.com/forums/european-delivery-and-or-porsche-experience-center-236/)
-   -   Zuffenhausen delivery on 6th Nov'18 (https://rennlist.com/forums/european-delivery-and-or-porsche-experience-center/1098309-zuffenhausen-delivery-on-6th-nov18.html)

spyderna 09-18-2018 04:40 PM

Zuffenhausen delivery on 6th Nov'18

Hello Fellow Porsche Enthusiasts,

I have 911 delivery planned from Zuffenhausen on 6th Nov. Please give suggestions, as I am sure not all the roads will be open. I am planning to travel last week of October to try and make it for Oktoberfest in Germany. Your suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Sven76 09-18-2018 06:17 PM

Oktoberfest ends 7 October...

spyderna 09-18-2018 06:50 PM

Ok got it, thanks for the info. I guess then I will plan for 2 weeks from 5th of Nov.

Douglas Jones 09-19-2018 11:09 AM

Congrats and enjoy the trip.

ThePhanatic 09-19-2018 09:11 PM

Was just in Stuttgart and all over Germany for 2.5 weeks. What other things are you interested in? I can give some good recommendations on breweries throughout the country to visit, for example.

Sven76 09-20-2018 05:23 PM

November don’t think of going to the alps, you might need winter tires and in Italy they are even mandatory in some regions (Alto Adige) from 15 November onwards. Ring and Spa also not great, often we have 8° and wet conditions... Let us know what ideas you have and we can collectively come up with some suggestions.

C5driver 10-02-2018 12:19 AM

Our original ED was 2 Nov, but we were planning on taking delivery 22 Nov and heading South to Como/Milan/Portofino/Monaco/Provence/Nice.

The Gothard pass was a question mark, but there appears to be a tunnel you could transit. After the Alps, it's 50-ish degrees all around. Best of luck and enjoy your trip!

disden 10-06-2018 08:59 AM

get winter wheels, free install from factory. It was snowing on a mountain pass during my ED visit 2 weeks ago and it altered my plans abit in terms of what routes I was going to take in my RS. ED is an awesome experience, I've done it 3 times now. My recommendation is to not be tethered to a strict schedule. Weather changes, can disrupt your plans. In this day and age of sites like booking.com, I have found I have much better experiences by arranging a first and last day hotel and then just letting the road take me where it wants! Enjoy.

spyderna 10-08-2018 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas Jones (Post 15301822)
Congrats and enjoy the trip.

Thanks!

spyderna 10-08-2018 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by ThePhanatic (Post 15303308)
Was just in Stuttgart and all over Germany for 2.5 weeks. What other things are you interested in? I can give some good recommendations on breweries throughout the country to visit, for example.

This is my first time to Europe, excluding London, so I would like to drive to interesting locations in Germany and then Switzerland, to enjoy food/beer/roads. Any recommendation is appreciated.

spyderna 10-08-2018 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sven76 (Post 15305405)
November don’t think of going to the alps, you might need winter tires and in Italy they are even mandatory in some regions (Alto Adige) from 15 November onwards. Ring and Spa also not great, often we have 8° and wet conditions... Let us know what ideas you have and we can collectively come up with some suggestions.

Yes, I will be getting Winter tires from Zuffenhausen. It would be have great to drive on the Ring, but I am aware that it may not work due to adverse weather. I would like to drive to few cities (3-5 hours drive), starting from Stuttgart and returning back to Stuttgart. Also, enjoying driving on amazing roads, that are open in November.

spyderna 10-09-2018 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by C5driver (Post 15331338)
Our original ED was 2 Nov, but we were planning on taking delivery 22 Nov and heading South to Como/Milan/Portofino/Monaco/Provence/Nice.

The Gothard pass was a question mark, but there appears to be a tunnel you could transit. After the Alps, it's 50-ish degrees all around. Best of luck and enjoy your trip!

Interesting itinerary, and I was planning to visit Como and Milan. Thanks for sharing the trip.
Best of luck to you too!

spyderna 10-09-2018 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by disden (Post 15341354)
get winter wheels, free install from factory. It was snowing on a mountain pass during my ED visit 2 weeks ago and it altered my plans abit in terms of what routes I was going to take in my RS. ED is an awesome experience, I've done it 3 times now. My recommendation is to not be tethered to a strict schedule. Weather changes, can disrupt your plans. In this day and age of sites like booking.com, I have found I have much better experiences by arranging a first and last day hotel and then just letting the road take me where it wants! Enjoy.

Yes I will definitely take the winter tires, want to be careful of my GT3. Good idea with keeping the schedule flexible, as I was not sure how the weather would play with my plans in November. This is my first Ed and I am excited for it. Thanks for your reply.

spyderna 10-11-2018 03:12 PM

I have one more question, what is better Zuffenhausen or Leipzig for ED?

Sven76 10-11-2018 05:54 PM

If you want to have the track experience, it is Leipzig, the museum is Stuttgart. Both make good locations to start your trip. I’d lean towards Leipzig, closer to Berlin, Dresden, very empty Autobahn, fantastic B roads...