Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Zuffenhausen delivery on 6th Nov'18

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 07:00 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by spyderna
I have one more question, what is better Zuffenhausen or Leipzig for ED?
I have to say if you have a 911 then Zuffenhausen is really cool, you really get to see all the elements to how YOUR car gets built. The new delivery center has a lot of history to it and in my view very cool just to drive out of the original building that started the whole deal. Great museum and the City is filled with automotive history with the Porsche Museum and the Mercedes Museum. Leipzig has the track but you only do a few laps and the modern building and factory are similar to American Car manufacturers so not much soul to the experience, still great I just think if you haven't Stuttgart that would be a great starting point with so much to do and a very cool city. Berlin is near Leipzig but Stuttgart has Baden Baden, the Black Forest, Switzerland, The Ring all close by. Hockenheim and Heidelberg are a quick drive up with a lot of history. The Sachsenring is close to Leipzig as well as Dresden so you can't go wrong but if you haven't been I think Stuttgart is really the way to go
Old 10-12-2018, 02:38 AM
spyderna
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
I have to say if you have a 911 then Zuffenhausen is really cool, you really get to see all the elements to how YOUR car gets built. The new delivery center has a lot of history to it and in my view very cool just to drive out of the original building that started the whole deal. Great museum and the City is filled with automotive history with the Porsche Museum and the Mercedes Museum. Leipzig has the track but you only do a few laps and the modern building and factory are similar to American Car manufacturers so not much soul to the experience, still great I just think if you haven't Stuttgart that would be a great starting point with so much to do and a very cool city. Berlin is near Leipzig but Stuttgart has Baden Baden, the Black Forest, Switzerland, The Ring all close by. Hockenheim and Heidelberg are a quick drive up with a lot of history. The Sachsenring is close to Leipzig as well as Dresden so you can't go wrong but if you haven't been I think Stuttgart is really the way to go
Thanks for your reply. I am getting the GT3, so leaning more towards Zuffenhausen.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

Pickup in Leipzig. Drop off in Stuttgart. Enjoy the track, visit both factories and the museum.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:06 AM
spyderna
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
Pickup in Leipzig. Drop off in Stuttgart. Enjoy the track, visit both factories and the museum.
As per Porsche NA, I have to return the car to the same factory I pick it up from, since I am getting winter tires.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:09 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S

this would have been best choice, too bad you have to return to start

Quick Reply: Zuffenhausen delivery on 6th Nov'18