Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

GTS ED Oct. '18

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 02:37 AM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GTS ED Oct. '18

Hello Rennlist world! My name is Rob, Ive read a bunch of threads and gotten a few answers, and i am a 3 time veteran of ED w BMWs ('04, '05 M3s and '13 5MSport).

I have a '19 Carrera GTS on order with a 10/5 scheduled completion date.

Wondering if anyone knows the transit time from Zuffenhausen to Leipzig as i would like to pick up at the latter, and have a tight window of dates to do this trip. Specifically, I would like to be driving the car away from Leipzig on 10/12 evening-1 week after sched build completion date.

Do you think this is possible/likely that the car gets to leipzig in 1 week and they will deliver to me given 1 week turnaround?

Also, does Porsche ever bump up completion dates on a compulsory basis?... OR do they ever do the same when a customer requests a week or two earlier to accomodate an ED travel plan?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:42 PM
HoffR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, my GT3 also has a completion date of 10/5. Dealer I'm working with was told by PNA that 10/22 would be the first avail. pickup date for ED (so I'm planning 10/23 to get a day when museum is open).
Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the response. My CA advised me yesterday that indeed the 1 week turnaround to leipzig was denied. However the question became moot when he offered me a build due to be completed late July-and now awaiting whether I can wait do pick up in Leipzig first week of Sept. If so, stoked!!!!

Quick Reply: GTS ED Oct. '18