Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche Drive Stuttgart Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 05:52 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I appreciated the suggestion and really want to go back to see more of Lindau. We realized when we got there that night there was no way we were going to make it all the way to Stelvio without just forcing ourselves, it was much better to sleep in and take it easy. We still had no traffic on Silvetta, bummer to get rain and wet roads the whole drive back, but made me hungry to go back and do drive again or definitely a lot of good knowledge if I ever get the opportunity to do a ED.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:04 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Does anyone knows if Swiss Alps are open next week?

Plan to visit Sustenpass, Nuffenenpass, Furkapass, Grimselpass and would like to know if passes are open.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:36 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Does anyone knows if Swiss Alps are open next week?

Plan to visit Sustenpass, Nuffenenpass, Furkapass, Grimselpass and would like to know if passes are open.

Thanks.
Here you go. https://www.alpen-paesse.ch/en/

It’s already quite warm here in Switzerland, but some Alpine passes are still closed.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:45 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ABusLux
Here you go. https://www.alpen-paesse.ch/en/

It’s already quite warm here in Switzerland, but some Alpine passes are still closed.
It seems i need to reschedule my route.

I plan to pickup a 911 4GTS and drive Gothard Pass, Nuffenenpass, Furka Pass and Grimselpass before spend Second day in Black Forest.

But based on the info seems 3 out of 4 passes are closed.

Any advice?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:49 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Difficult to tell; you can skip the Gothardpass by taking the Gothard tunnel, but most of the nicer mountain roads are still closed. One thing you could do is to take the Gothard tunnel, then take the Tremola pass, take some pics and come back South, then spend some time driving in the Southernmost part of Ticino (Lugano, Ascona, Como...), then around the Lago Maggiore over to Italy (check that your insurance covers driving in Italy), take the Domodossola pass (it's not so nice as other Alpine passes, but at least this one is open; I took that road a couple of weeks back), then to Simplon back in Switzerland, take the valley road in Valais, perhaps go up to Crans-Montana, then Martigny, Saint-Maurice (not to mix Sith St. Moritz), Montreux, Bern, Zurich, Schaffhausen (Rhine falls?), Konstanz, take the ferry to Meersburg, visit Friedrichshafen (Zeppelin museum)...
Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Tomorrow night have to reach Obergoms.

Furkapass Closed.
Nuffenenpass Closed.
Grimselpass Closed.

Only way the train in Realp.

I believe i can manage.

Thursday New route towards Interlagen to visit Jungfraujoch and back to Black Forest.

Hopefully i can enjoy few passes weather permiting.

Quick Reply: Porsche Drive Stuttgart Advice