Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

August Leipzig Euro Delivery Macan GTS confirmed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 AM
FastLane_Travel
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone needs hotel recommendations, lunch or dinner destinations please give us a call or shoot us an email. We’d be happy to give you the best of the best locations with the 5 star service you deserve.

813-343-3001
info@fastlanetravel.com

Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Finally got the confirmation from PCNA, and car is all ready for me!!!
I wish they have some access to photos of the vehicle (tho it might kill the surprise when I get there).

here is my final route, it will be alot of driving than sight seeing which "I" wanted to do.
(though 2 days in Venice, and 2 days in Swiss is enough for me and my wife).

Taking recommendations on any restaurant and/or place to visit while on the road (or in Venice / Weggis)

https://goo.gl/maps/XnH3B9THXwj

8/13 Day 1 - Fly in from Paris, then Stay at Hotel in Leipzig provided by Porsche
8/14 Day 2 - Pick up the Porsche, then Stay at Hotel on Romantic Road (3 hrs away from Leipzig)
8/15 Day 3 - Drive to Neuschwanstein Castle (2 hrs away from above hotel), then Stay in Venice (4.5 hrs away from Castle)
8/16 Day 4 - Stay in Venice
8/17 Day 5 - Drive to Stelvio Pass (4 hrs away from Venice), then Stay in Weggis, Swiss (4 hrs away from Stelvio pass)
8/18 Day 6 - Stay in Weggis
8/19 Day 7 - Drive to Black Forest (3 hrs away from Weggis), then Stay in Sindelfingen, Germany (2 hrs away)
8/20 Day 8 - Drop off the Porsche in Sindelfingen and fly to Paris.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 545 Posts

Day 2: Stay in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, (we stayed here, in-house restaurant had great German food and had great parking for my new Macan GTS): http://www.burggartenpalais.de/en/ho...thenburg/home/ , easily the most picturesque and charming city on that "Romantic Road" (P.S., it's not Romantic or a particulary good driving road.) We also stayed in Bamberg which was another charming medieval place. But is is farther north and you are obviously intent on hauling *** towards the Alps and Venice.

Day 3: We stayed near Füssen, Germany, at the Hotel am Hopfensee https://www.hotel-am-hopfensee.de/ , 6 miles from Neuschwanstein. Cool town on a lake with views of the Zugspitz. Also good parking right in front of the hotel for the Macan. Don't use the hotel's parking ramp, lots of bicyclists loading/unloading- too much activity by non-car people with car-unfriendly bikes. That was on the way south to Tuscany where we stayed for 6 weeks.

On the way back north, we stayed in Lermoos, Austria, at an awesome resort, again with great safe parking choices, situated right at the foot of the Zugspitz: https://www.mohr-life-resort.at/.

Do not stay at the Mohr in Lermoos if you are offended by dozens of naked young Austrian and German females shamelessly lounging/sauntering naked around the many pools and saunas.

The rooms are not cheap, but are all inclusive, 3 meals and run of the resort. Their buffets are ridiculously lavish and of the highest quality and variety.

The nearby Fernpaß (Fernpass) is a nice way to enter/exit Austria.

Day 6: You will love Lucerne. Remember to slow down in Schweitz- they WILL cite you, probably by speed camera, and fine you a ridiculous amount when they do. Waze saved my bacon MANY times, but you need cell coverage for it to warn you of the trap locations- which, fortunately, is available where most of the speed zones are found.

Gute fahrt!

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 07-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:31 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

This is great. I too looked at the hotel in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, so thats what town we want to stay (plus we would be pretty beat from the Porsche tour + track time!).

and I really do not mind the young naked ladies so Mohr in Austria it is!!

Where do I get Vignette for Austrian road? I already have Vignette sticker for Swiss, was not able to get info on Austria ones.

Thanks!!
Old 07-13-2018, 10:05 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 545 Posts

You can buy a vignette at the last petrol station before the border. In Austria, you only need it for the autobahn, not secondary roads. Cost was about 8 Euros for a 10-day pass.

Mohr is spectacular- it has 4 or 5 meticulously clean indoor and outdoor pools, and several coed saunas, all with this view:

The food is amongst the best I had in Europe, particularly because it is buffet style with over the top quality and variety. There were, for instance, 6 types of gourmet olive oil and as many boutique Italian balsamic vinegars in the salad bar section alone, amazing cheeses and meats, epic produce and every condiment known to man.

There is a menu to order from as well, but serving oneself from such a high quality spread is a rare thing in my experience. The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever seen, by far. (I was an international airline pilot for 31 years, so I've seen a few.)
Old 07-14-2018, 12:54 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpineConnection
This is great. I too looked at the hotel in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, so thats what town we want to stay (plus we would be pretty beat from the Porsche tour + track time!).

Thanks!!
Rothenburg odT I can also recommend the hotel Herrnschlösschen, they also have great parking options for the Macan (indoor in a barn nearby, 911 would be outdoor but gated). Plus fantastic food in that hotel or in Villa Mittermeier.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:08 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Thanks! Actually booked Hotel Herrnschlösschen and they were very prompt with their reservation.

Can now wait to visit there! So, for parking the Macan, use indoor inside barn?
Old 07-17-2018, 03:08 AM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great choice.

Yes, I parked my 944 in the barn, they will assist and either park your car or - if you hate valet like I do - guide you the way. No chance to get into the barn with a sports car like my GT4, the approach is too steep. But you can park in front of the hotel for off loading your luggage.

Restaurant tip for local food in Rothenburg is “Zur Höll”, same owner as Herrnschlösschen, they can assist with booking a table. Restaurant Herrnschlösschen and Villa Mittermeier are both awesome but rather fine dining.

Enjoy your trip. Time permitting, I can also recommend to do a hike around the town, views from the other side of the valley on the Citi are awesome, walk down the vineyard to the river.

Btw: Herrnschlösschen has a sauna (though rather small but classy) so chances for young naked ladies

Quick Reply: August Leipzig Euro Delivery Macan GTS confirmed!