Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

991.2 Coupe GTS 6 Days 3.000 Kms

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 06:41 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 991.2 Coupe GTS 6 Days 3.000 Kms

Finally PAG has confirmed my production and delivery date. I am expecting to receive my 991.2 GTS by July 2018.

As ED is not matching my work schedule, I took the decision to rent a similar car end of July and spend 6 days driving in Germany towards Alps.
I used Porsche Driving Experience program where you have the ability to rent real time specific cars from 911, 718, Panamera, Cayenne etc from few hours to maximum 1 week.

As it will be my first time visit in Stuttgart I would like to get advices and input from experience members.
I would like to driving in small roads and beautiful landscapes.
Track experience is not a must for me although I might like the idea to visit for one day Nurburging.

Day 0. Saturday landing in Munich and take train to Stuttgart. Arrival around 13:00. Lunch and visit of Porsche Museum if is OPEN.
Day 1. Car pickup at 9:00 from Porscheplatz and departure towards Alps. I would appreciate any specific route towards Swiss or German Alps.
Day 2. Drive to Lake Como.
Day 3. Drive to Nice via Monaco.
Day 4. Drive to Mont Blanc
Day 5. Drive to Konstanz
Day 6. Drive to Black forest and back to Stuttgart.

As you can see in this schedule due to the fact that I have to reach Nice I missed Nurburgring therefore as alternative option I might have to skip Nice on Day 3 and stay on Swiss Alps in order to be able on Day 5 reach Nurburgring and spend in the afternoon with RSR driving.

Thank you for your input and suggestions.
Nilaz
Old 05-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Cptahab676
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Be sure to check out Berchtesgaden - beautiful and full of history. There’s a great old school gesthaus there called Hotel Zum Turken just next door to the remains of the Berghof.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure if time allows but West of Stuttgart is a town called Baden-Baden. From that point you can head South on Route 500. Its called the Hochstrasse, but also named the Black Forest Highway. Gentle rolling hills and winding road. Its not the Alpine routes that you will see in Austria and Switzerland, but pretty nevertheless.

Plenty of options to get to Como. You could travel past Bregenz, Austria and then pass into Switzerland. South of Chur you could pick up Albula Pass or Juliepass. Then travel through St. Moritz on the way to Como. IMHO St. Moritz is one of the most beautiful areas in all of Switzerland. The road winding South of St. Moritz just passes by lake after lake. Stunning.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:03 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Nurburgring visit has been arranged.

Can you please help me understand if I have to stay after my Nurburgring visit in the area or travel late afternoon towards Baden Baden?

My updated plan is Stuttgart car pickup and drive directly to Nurburgring for hot lap with RSR.

After Nurburgring experience I would prefer to get some rest In a good hotel in the area and fell the vibes it the Ring.

Wake up early morning next day and drive toward Black Forest.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:28 PM
FastLane_Travel
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give us a call and we can answer and help with any questions or even book your entire trip for you.

Peter Sontag
Founder & CEO
Fast Lane Travel, Inc.
813-343-3001
Old 06-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Nurburgring visit has been arranged.

Can you please help me understand if I have to stay after my Nurburgring visit in the area or travel late afternoon towards Baden Baden?

My updated plan is Stuttgart car pickup and drive directly to Nurburgring for hot lap with RSR.

After Nurburgring experience I would prefer to get some rest In a good hotel in the area and fell the vibes it the Ring.

Wake up early morning next day and drive toward Black Forest.
Nice hotel is the Agnesenhof, much much better than the 4**** Lindner at probably half the price, that’s the place I always stay. 10 Minutes to the Ring.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

An alternative slightly closer to Nurburgring:

https://www.hotel-retterath.de

Good hotel.

Personally I always stay at the smaller more personal B&B's but a hotel is easier to arrange.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Personally I always stay at the smaller more personal B&B's but a hotel is easier to arrange.
This-^.

Airbnb works just fine.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Sven76
Pro

AirBnB in Germany? Good luck. Standards are way beyond what we’ve experienced abroad (US, Canada). I’d go with a decent hotel, the one I recommended a few posts earlier is €80-90 per night including superb breakfast, maybe 10 rooms or so, superb bar (great selection of single malts and bourbon) and family run.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:40 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sven76
AirBnB in Germany?
Yeah. Airbnb. In Germany.

Has there been some upheaval in Germany since summer 2015? Has airbnb become illegal or something?

Nearly all the places we stayed at were arranged through airbnb and not a single one was disappointing. (see my ED thread: click on ‘991TT’ in my signature.)
Old 06-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Sven76
Pro

In some cities the AirBnB hosts are coming under pressure, but generally it is still legal. I am just underwhelmed by the quality of AirBnBs we’ve experienced in Germany vs the great hospitality and quality of AirBnBs in particular in North America. I also find that Theo rice point of many AirBnBs is too close or at par with small, high quality, family-run hotels, and then I prefer the service (bar, breakfast) I get in a hotel. Just my observations and maybe I got unlucky, but either way, plenty of decent options for staying a night near the Nürburgring.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

... small, high quality, family-run hotels, and then I prefer the service (bar, breakfast) I get in a hotel.
I can’t argue with that. Are these small family-run hotels easily google(duckduckgo)-findable?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Sven76
Pro

Nürburgring I already recommended one, but yes, otherwise TripAdvisor is not too bad as an initial guide, though ratings are inflated...
Old 06-22-2018, 07:06 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nürburgring I already recommended one, but yes, otherwise TripAdvisor is not too bad as an initial guide, though ratings are inflated...
Here’s one we stayed at and found on AirBnB:

http://www.racers-retreat.com/

It’s across the street from Am Tirergarten.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:17 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Great. Thanks for the input so far.

I hope members who did ED can share also some must to drive places in Germany, Swiss, Italy.

Need to finalize my driving route.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Coupe GTS 6 Days 3.000 Kms