Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

April 2018 GT3 Euro Delivery (Zuffenhausen) - First time! All input appreciated :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 07:19 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
FWIW: I'm in Nürburg 12th-15th of April, leaving early on the 15th. (I changed my plans a bit).
Noooo, I am there in April 16 for the Touristfahrten. I think I cannot drive the Ring that weekend, no? My plan was to get to Nurburgring in the late morning, take some photos of the car around the Ring and just hang out, then do the Touristfahrten at night. I'm based in Stuttgart from April 12-16

Originally Posted by brake dust
Stayed at Chateau Eze and had dinner at their Michelin star restaurant. Not sure how it compares to Le Chevre d'Or - but either place would work well for a base to either crusie into Monaco are drive Route Napoleon.
Thanks! Plan on driving that Route, as well as the Monte Carlo rally route (if that is different)

Originally Posted by subshooter
+1. I stayed at the Hotel Du Lac Varenna right on Lake Como during my second ED out of Leipzig.
Originally Posted by brake dust
My only suggestion is to consider staying in the Lake Como region instead of Milan. Some great hotels on the lake, beautiful vistas, and roads to enjoy your car. My expereince with Milan is that its a very busy and sprawling city - no much fun for driving a car.
Yep thanks for the recommendation guys, I actually changed from Milan to Lake Como where I'll stay at Tremezzo for 2 nights hoping for some scenic photos of the car!

Originally Posted by ciphers
Sounds like a solid itinerary. I did european delivery years ago and it was one of the best experiences I've had.
So far it's been the same for me my friend!! What a time!

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Hi!
I noticed your itinerary and I thought I'd give you a few hotels, only because travel is my thing. First off, I'm on this site because I'm about to buy a Panamera and everyone has been great in giving me advice. My turn to return the favor!

So you know, I'm half Brit, half Swiss but have lived here for decades. I post quite a bit on Tripadvisor. My handle is WillTell1307. London: Stay at Claridges. Depending on how you plan it, think about staying at Villa d'Este just outside Como. You're thinking of Eze: I've not stayed at Le Chevre d'Or (eaten there twice) but am booked for July; can't wait. Alternatively there's Chateau St. Martin in Vence. Geneva... the best location is La Cigogne (bang smack in the middle of town) but I also really like La Reserve which is really a resort of sorts on the outside of town with a great little boat that takes you right to downtown. Zurich: Either the Baur au Lac or the Widder. I just stayed (again) at the Widder and I love it. Bang smack in the middle of the city. Baur au Lac might be more convenient from a parking perspective.

Happy to help with other travel advice, too. Of course, not with the routes. Again, look me up on Tripadvisor.

Cheers!
Sorry just seeing this but thank you for the recommendations, appreciate it! Will try to check those places out when I am in the areas.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Noooo, I am there in April 16 for the Touristfahrten. I think I cannot drive the Ring that weekend, no? My plan was to get to Nurburgring in the late morning, take some photos of the car around the Ring and just hang out, then do the Touristfahrten at night. I'm based in Stuttgart from April 12-16
I'm planning on doing TF on the 12th of April. 17.30-19.30.
Maybe you can join me on the 12th, then go back to Stuttgart in the evening?
Old 04-05-2018, 11:14 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I'm planning on doing TF on the 12th of April. 17.30-19.30.
Maybe you can join me on the 12th, then go back to Stuttgart in the evening?
I'm an idiot and realized I am in Zurich overnight for a rest day on the 12th (in between Italy and back to Stuttgart), and I am based in Stuttgart from April 13-16. I could cancel my Zurich stay to try and make it on the 12th, but it would be a 9 hour drive just to get to the Ring...

I appreciate your offer though my friend Going to try for TF on the 16th, might try and get on as soon as it opens for safety reasons at 17:30 sharp. I just need to get on the Ring for a single 12 minute lap and then I'll go back to America and tell my friends I shattered the Ring record If it's wet conditions I might not do a lap anyways, and just watch from one of the corners. Will try to get cool photos of the car in the area as well
Old 04-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I'm an idiot and realized I am in Zurich overnight for a rest day on the 12th (in between Italy and back to Stuttgart), and I am based in Stuttgart from April 13-16. I could cancel my Zurich stay to try and make it on the 12th, but it would be a 9 hour drive just to get to the Ring...

That's life
Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I am still following your journey as well, please update this thread once you have more photos/infos. thanks.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by SpineConnection
I am still following your journey as well, please update this thread once you have more photos/infos. thanks.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...elligrino.html

Quick Reply: April 2018 GT3 Euro Delivery (Zuffenhausen) - First time! All input appreciated :)