Notices

Rennlisters in southern Spain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Mario149
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennlisters in southern Spain?

We're going to be moving to just outside Marbella for a few months shortly, sort of an extended busman's holiday all being well and hopefully will also be taking the 993 down with us Couple of questions:

Any Porsche owners on here who might fancy meeting up when we're down? We won't know many people so every little helps!
Also, at the risk of jinxing it, does anyone have any recommendations for garages that could work on a 993 should anything need doing? Plan for the worst hope for the best etc!
Old 09-15-2018, 05:03 AM
IamLono
6th Gear

Not sure if you're still here, but I'm in Javea, halfway up the coast, and I get down to Marbella fairly regularly. If you're here, hit me up!
Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Mario149
2nd Gear

We've been back in the UK a few months now unfortunately! BUT, we might be back next year or the year after, if so, will ping you
Old 06-28-2022, 02:19 AM
GSXR750
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello RListers,

I hope this finds everyone well.
We are thinking of relocating to Spain and wanted to tap into the collective brain pool.

We are currently looking at Valencia but have not really seen a car culture here or any twisty roads that would merit a spirited drive like ACH in Los Angeles which is my backyard.
I'm not expecting anything like that but a fun road where one can enjoy the wonders of a screaming flat six
There are of course race tracks for the occasional track day.

Do I ship my car and bikes here or purchase locally.
I've gone to the local dealer and of course said sell in LA and purchase from them, motorsports has always been a part of me and it would suck if I couldn't do it where ever I end up

thanks in advance
mike
Old 12-11-2023, 09:27 AM
race.it
Instructor

Prob too late a reply, but in spain they are more into motorbikes, they use cars till they are dead, there are clubs that do rides out, I am more on the south coast and you can find like minded groups.

On bringing your own vehicles that can get expensive as they are not European spec, and the Spanish are well known for paper work, and bringing in a US vehicle will open the floodgates, you can avoid some tax'es if you bring then in as change in residency, but still can be expensive. On the other side cars and bikes in spain sourced locally are expensive.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:48 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by race.it
Prob too late a reply, but in spain they are more into motorbikes, they use cars till they are dead, there are clubs that do rides out, I am more on the south coast and you can find like minded groups.

On bringing your own vehicles that can get expensive as they are not European spec, and the Spanish are well known for paper work, and bringing in a US vehicle will open the floodgates, you can avoid some tax'es if you bring then in as change in residency, but still can be expensive. On the other side cars and bikes in spain sourced locally are expensive.
thank you for the information, I sold my 997.2 and all my motorcycles, I’ll be in Valencia in January and will start looking for a motorcycle and then a 997.2

mike

Quick Reply: Rennlisters in southern Spain?