Notices

Porsche 991 S - Guards Red - Clear Bra/Ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Porsche 991 S - Guards Red - Clear Bra/Ceramic

This low mile Guards Red Porsche 991 Carrera S was brought to me to be brought up to it’s full potential while also protecting the paint.
Assumed to be in good condition, but our assessment showed that it could use a little love.

After the initial prep, the paint inspection revealed that it had been improperly maintained by the previous owner and also show some poor attempts at paint polishing throughout – rotary holograms.

[/url]

The following photos show the correction process in 50/50 and side by side format, revealing the true potential of Guards Red!

Even the taillights stood to look better…

Thought the car was clean, there are some areas that understandably go unattended, like the engine cover. Which was removed, cleaned, decontaminated, polished and coated!

As well as the badges themselves, caked up with old compound, dirt and wax

With the correction and detail all wrapped up, it was time to protect the paint from rock chips and make it easier to maintain going forward now that it was in it’s best state. This was done with a combination of Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front end and CQuartz Finest ceramic coating on top of the film and the rest of the body and trim. The film, aside from the bumper was custom installed without template, allowing full wrapped over edges eliminating lines and edges to prevent lifting and dirt build up on top of a completely invisible install.
The headlights, corner lights, badges and inner trim was all removed to ensure completely clean edges and full wrap over. Many templates allow the leading edges to be exposed which mean there is still potential for damage, which in my mind nullifies to point of the clear film. Might as well go all the way!

With the film completed, it was time to top everything with CQuartz Finest, one of the most proven and exclusive ceramic coatings on the market. I have been installing CQuartz for over 8 years now, before the public even knew these products existed and have stuck with this brand because it stands behind all of its realistic claims. Plus, I haven’t had this amount of depth and gloss rivaled by just about all of the brands on the market now. The pictures speak for themselves.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RKAt9S]

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

-Oakes

Last edited by Oakes Detail; 02-21-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:15 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks great, Nick! Love some Guards Red!
Old 02-24-2017, 02:30 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow fantastic work ...........
Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow... good talking with you today, Nick (this is Jawad --- I'm dropping off my black C4S cab (997.2) on 3/18... see you then.)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Thank you Jawad! Looking forward to it!

Thank you Brad and Raven!! Appreciate the kind words and Guards Red is never wrong
Old 03-10-2017, 08:31 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Awesome work! looks great
Old 03-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Thank you sir! Many more PCar write ups are coming, 997 and 991 GT3s, GT3RSs, GTS, Club Coupe, etc..

Quick Reply: Porsche 991 S - Guards Red - Clear Bra/Ceramic